Hypothetical scenario...

by The Last Nephilim 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

The "Judicial Loophole" thread gave me a thought- What would happen if someone faded a la moving far away but then later decided to start all over again and pretend to know nothing about JWs and go through the motions of becoming a JW again? Would there be a record of your first baptism on file at HQ? If so, what if you deny that it's you, that someone else just has the same name? What if you were to follow through and become an elder or pioneer? If you get that far, what if you announce in front of the new cong what you've accomplished through your deception! Thoughts, anyone?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I think that they would just slide by the system.

6.5 million people. No one at the HQ would be able to keep that close a watch.

After all, they don't have our DNA or thumb prints!

My take: Brother Smith would just slide right back in as a new publisher.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Hypothetically, why the hell would anybody want to go back?? Geez. Blech!

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Why would anyone go back? Can you imagine the stunned looks on the faces of the entire congregation if you went through all the motions of studying, becoming a publisher, getting baptized, pioneering, being appointed as a MS, then an elder (PO would be nice), then maybe start partaking at the memorial, and then when everyone thinks all is well, you tell them all that it was just an experiment to prove that Holy Spirit does not direct the GB and the organization!? Don't tell me you don't think it would be priceless!!! It would be neat if that sort of thing happened in congregations all over the world!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have heard of this before in the hypothetical scenario.

A DF'ed brother figures it is easier to start over as a new interested person in a new place.
    He quickly becomes an MS as opposed to the years for reinstatement and waiting for
    time to pass. I can't imagine the sick individual who believes the doctrine enough to
    do that, but is warped enough to deceive the organization.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Good scenario to consider, especially since it's something i've pondered over myself.

As was stated though, I don't see why anyone would want to go back. There's no way i'd ever go back if I were in that situation.

• 5go
    5go
    My take: Brother Smith would just slide right back in as a new publisher.

As long as he doesn't bump into any one he knew before yeah it would work.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Don't tell me you don't think it would be priceless!!! It would be neat if that sort of thing happened in congregations all over the world!

Does the hypothetical person not have anything better to do w/ his life?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey Nephlim, I've taken a few walks into the stupid woods myself, but I would recommend you get a thicker hat and coat to keep the stupid leaves and branches off of you next time you feel like frolicking with the stupid fairy. ;-)

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

For those doubters, I believe this hypothetical scenario serves a couple of useful purposes;
    1. It further illustrates the flawed policies of the WTS.
    2. It further illustrates the lack of Holy Spirit within the WTS.
    3. Some find that pondering such things is entertaining!

That said, I do believe that there are some who may have left, who may even be posters here, that might one day, for whatever reason, WANT to go back. To automatically deem someone "stupid" for wanting to or for even thinking that someone might want to puts us in the same mentality of JWs themselves, does it not? They think it "stupid" for someone to want to leave. If we automatically adopt the thinking that it is stupid to want back in, we are no better than they are. Right or wrong, we all have freedom of choice. I might think someone is stupid for liking peanuts so much, but does that REALLY make them stupid? No more than if someone thinks I'm stupid for liking chocolate so much! Besides, some people might think that carrying out such a scenario might be the only way or the best way to help family or friends or just ANYONE in general to see the WTS for what it really is so they too can get out! I don't see it as any different than the military or the CIA sending in undercover agents to infiltrate an enemy to undermine them. Geez, can't a guy do some wild, creative thinking without getting bashed for it? I thought that's why we all come here instead of going to the WT meetings!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit