What is with the JW hate towards the depressed?

by 5go 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go

Why do they treat the like the have sinned a great sin ( oh wait I might of answered it DOH!) when they are just down a bit.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not sure i would describe it as hate..

but they think that as jws they have nothing to be depressed about....although this is not a sentiment encouraged by the org who print literature telling how to deal with depressed persons.

but ignorance is bliss...and most would rather not want to know how to deal with folk who suffer.

and jws don't have the monopoly on that kind of behaviour

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I think its because it reveals that they are not the happiest people on earth that they claim to be. When the dubs have people getting divorced, suffering depression and an overall sense of dismay, that puts them on par with the rest of the world. So much for that spiritual umbrella jah has them under, seems to have holes in it.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Ditto Darth.

• flipper
    flipper

5GO- The JW's hate anything they can't understand, or won't understand. They are plain and simple, ignorant ! If it can't be explained by their cult controlled publications or the Bible, they get their minds blown. Over the years the witness organization never believed in getting therapy by a counselor or psychiatrist because they felt just being at meetings, going in service ,or personal study would cure depression. I thought they had accepted by now that chemical imbalances need to be medicated in people, and the ignorance of depressed people's needs had stopped. I guess the witnesses ignorance continues ! 5GO, they are just stupid ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• marmot
    marmot

All I know is that when I was hospitalized for my first suicide attempt the only visitors I got were my parents.

The most acknowledgment I ever got was when I went to my first meeting after getting out and one of the elders came up and said "Hey *******, nice to see you! You know, I just found out about what you were in the hospital for. Yeaaaaaaah. (awkward silence as he stares off to the left) Well it's great to see you!"

Honestly, I think they're just scared to confront it. I mean, how could you be unhappy, we're Jehovah's happy people right!?

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

marmot I hope you never ever try that again. You shouldn't punish yourself because of what others say and do. Your more precious than you know.

• sspo
    sspo

They do not hate the depressed but they really don't know what to do with them.

Their answer for everything is pray more-spend more time in service-attend more meetings and so on.

A depressed person doesn't want to do those things so the elders and the rest of the JW's rather avoid the person because

they do not have the answer and rather view them as spiritually weak and wash their hands and not cope with it..

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is because depression among the witlesses shoots holes through their illusion of its being the happiest people on earth. So, all they have to do is accuse them of committing a serious sin that no one knows about or hound them to do ever more, and you have the perfect excuse of why they are not happy. They are not happy because they do not have Jehovah's blessing, and that is because they are sinning or not doing enough. That preserves the illusion that those who are doing "enough" are happy.

What constitutes "enough" is left vague. No matter how much you do, it is not enough. True, the Asleep! magazines frequently address the problem. The Puketowers also address it, but always in context of doing ever more for the Tower. The Asleep! tends to blame the world for the problem (as if stress from having no mate because the Tower busts up all attempts to find one, never being able to do "enough", pressure to be perfect, or not being allowed to have any fun wasn't enough). The Asleep! tends to gleefully point out all the suicides that happen during the holiday season, but will not point out how many were faithful Witlesses that are depressed because they could not celebrate Christmas or from some complication of this proscription.

Or, maybe the Watchtower Society owns stock in those companies that make and distribute Prozac, Paxil, and Welbutrin. Of course they will not tell people that, any more than they did about their involvement with the UN or their owning stock in Phillip Morris. The more they can force people to take these meds, the more they make on the stocks.

Perhaps Ted Jaracz should take some Thorazine.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s are the Happiest People on Earth!!..If you don`t believe that..Most JW`s will Eat your Liver!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit