High Def TV ..This is bad

by Connaughty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

They are not just switching to HD they are switching to a digital signal too. Which will free up band with for more stations.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I love my HDTV

Those stations are so clear, and the sound is so great.

They don't have to switch, Have'nt you heard??? the end is soon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Of course the WBT$ isn`t going to like HDTV!!..Why would a 1 dimensional organization the WBT$,like anything that makes the picture clearer and easier to see..Bullshit would be easier to spot.."New Light" would become a thing of the past.....Let a JW get HD for his TV and soon he`ll apply that to the rest of his life!..Crazy Eyes.....Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It was my understanding that you can still use your old TVs unless you use an antenna, in which case you can get a converter. I'm not planning to rush out and buy one, but when we replace our current one, I will probably upgrade. Technology changes and improves, I think it's a good thing. It would be cheaper not to have TV at all, and that is always an option, no one is forcing anyone to buy one.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I recently attended our special assembly day and the visiting speaker put down HDTV because he didn't think we needed it. He said that we've been watching tv for many years now without it.

I seem to recalled reading something similiar in an old bound volume of Awakes relating to computers

• The Oracle
    The Oracle
    and the money would go to Best Buy or Circuit City instead of into the worldwide pedophile protection fund

Gopher...

"the worldwide pedophile protection fund" - that would be funny if it wasn't so true.

If I had know a % of my donation was going to go towards protecting the identity of child molestors....

hmmm... I don't suppose that class action lawsuit idea would get anywhere, would it? I think once you give your money to charity they can do with it as they please...or can they.

Time for some research I guess - unless one of you has already done your homework - let me know.

The Oracle

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

This is actually turning out to be a good discussion. I appreciated all your comments. It's true that the Society doesn't embrace technology. The facts are in their response to the internet, computers, HDTV, and so much more. I's like we are lost in the 50's. Look at some of the clothing that is at the various assemblies

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I believe the WBT$ recieves profits from "Micro-soft Stock"..Through the Henrettia M.Riely Trust Fund..........WBT$ likes Technology..They just don`t want their Religious Cult the Jehovah`s Witness`s to have it...OUTLAW

• Highlander
    Highlander
    I still use rabbit ears on my conventional TV

I can top that. I bought my hdtv big screen almost ten years ago, and for the last few years since I moved to california, I've been using rabbit ears on top of this monster of a tv. I just don't want to spend extra money on cable since I rarely use my tv. Now as of two weeks ago, my big screen took a dump(I think the power supply failed) If the cost of replacement parts is too high I'll just junk it. It's just as well though, as I have now converted my desktop computer into a tv complete with a set of rabbit ears setting on top of the pc unit.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I wonder if the WTBTS had any negative comments about television itself when it became widely available in the late 40's and early 50's? Or what they said about color television when it took off in the early 60's?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit