Okay guys, lets get back to what this board is all about -- here's MY story

by oppgirl63 37 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

After TrevorGate, I feel compelled to contribute more to the board.
    You said this board has been a little crazy lately…so here’s my story. I tried not to be too long and ramble too much.
    Forgive my spelling or punctuation in advance.

How I got here…

Let’s begin in 1984…I was going to college and met my now JW roommate. I was 20 at the time and I had just come out of my first relationship with a woman. I was quite shy and she was 8 yrs older than me. She pursued me to no end and I finally gave in. I think this is the first time I have mentioned this to you all. She was a practicing lesbian at the time. Well this lasted a short while and then she moved away and into a relationship with another woman. I picked up the pieces and moved on with my life. She contacted me from time to time and occasionally we would meet up and spend time together. This went on for a while until she got busted at work for selling weed to an undercover person posing as an employee (she was a county employee in a rather large NC city). She was charged with a felony. I lost touch with her after that.

From what she’s told me she left NC for Florida as that is where her family is. I think while she was in NC she was first introduced to the JW’s. After moving back to Florida, she had a few relationships with other women but became more involved with the JW’s. Finally in 1993 she attempted to turn away from the gay lifestyle forever by marrying the maintenance guy at her apartment complex (keep in mind I was not in any contact with her at the time). Well turns out he was a drunk (I don’t know if he was just a drunk or she drove him to drink). They separated for a short while and then reconciled. Her sister had some property and my roommate was interested in building a house. Well, the person living beside the property she was going to build on was also a lesbian. My roommate finally gets a divorce and begins building her house and seeing this woman and she is all the time studying with the JW’s. Roommate builds the house and moves in…gets lesbian girlfriend neighbor interested in studying with the JW’s. Lesbian neighbor takes all the JW teachings hook, line, and sinker. When my roommate attempts to continue their relationship, lesbian neighbor tells the elders my roommate is making her uncomfortable. Well they separate the two by assigning someone else to study with lesbian neighbor. They keep tight reigns on the neighbor to keep the two apart.

Well it doesn’t take even a year for the lesbian neighbor to get baptized. My roommate happened to be in her house one day and found a letter that the baptized lesbian neighbor had written to the lady she was studying with. Well turns out she’s got the hots for this woman…she a married pioneer. My roommate was furious (jealous). Keep in mind my roommate still isn’t baptized.

One night she was going through her address book and finds my name and decides to call me…it had been 17 years since I had last talked to her. In my mind, she was always larger than life…I always held a candle for her. So when she called me I was elated. I was not seeing anyone at the time. We talked for about a month and she finally comes up to see me. Our relationship begins again. Back in Florida, the baptized lesbian neighbor decides she wants to resume her relationship with my now roommate…that she handled everything all wrong because my now roommate stopped going to the meetings. But she is now seeing me but doesn’t dare tell her.
    Baptized lesbian neighbor gets so mad by not knowing where my now roommate is every weekend that she invited one of the anointed to move in with her. This anointed lady had kids who were all DF and she didn’t have any relationship with them and needed somewhere to live. My roommate now admits that while this woman was living there she would crawl through baptized lesbian neighbors bedroom window to be with her. LOL

I know I should have RUN RUN RUN!!! Anyway…after this went along for some time, my now roommate starts acting very strange. Her sister also built a house on the adjacent lot and they start arguing. My roommate’s sister (they are identical twins) has always had negative things to say about my roommate’s sexuality. One night while we were talking on the phone, my roommate has a grand mal seizure. I’m horrified because I’m over 400 miles away. I call 911 and they get someone out there to check on her. By the time they get there, she back to herself somewhat and tells them that she’s fine. I even find her sisters phone number on the internet and call her to go over and check on her and she won’t do it. Well my roommate denies anything is wrong with her but her behavior gets more and more bizarre. One night my now roommate catches her sister in a compromising situation with her boss (she worked at a theological seminary) and he was a pastor. She was supposed to be involved with a man in Savannah. The Savannah boyfriend finds out about this (my roommate tells him). My roommate and he start talking on the phone all the time. I’m thinking something is wrong here. One day at work my now roommate calls my friend who works with me and tells her to tell me that’s she’s just married her twin’s ex-boyfriend. She didn’t even have the guts to tell me herself. I later overheard her tell someone that she did this to prove to everyone that she wasn’t gay. The day after she gets married she shows up at my house and she want to be intimate with me…telling me it doesn’t mean anything. By this time I’m a basket case and just want her gone. She keeps showing up at my house…her new husband doesn’t understand (I wouldn’t either). Then at my house she faints and falls and hits her head on my driveway. I call 911 and they get her to the hospital (she had 2 seizures on the way). I have to call her husband because he’s the one to make the decisions. I don’t have a choice. They send her to a larger hospital and her husband gets there. They keep her a couple or three days and let her go. Instead of going back to Savannah, they come to my house. The next day when he’s ready to leave she says she’s not going and he just leaves her here. That night she goes what I call insane. I have to call the cops…she pulls a gun on me and is taking to many meds. I convince the cops that something is medically wrong with her (she still has the head injury from the fall). They have to hog tie her in the ambulance. It takes 6 officers to hold her in the ER. The do a cat scan and send her back to the larger hospital. I call her husband again…he’s just gotten back to Savannah. I don’t go to the hospital because of what I’ve just been through…everyone is telling me not to go. The next day her husband calls and says she has viral encephalitis (swelling of the brain). This can cause a person to be psychotic. I think she’s had this for a while. She’s lucky to be alive. Her husband has her transferred back to a hospital in Savannah and he comes to my house and gets everything she owns. After about 3 weeks she calls me and apologizes for whatever happened because she doesn’t remember anything.

Next thing I know she’s left her husband (married 3 months). She’s still very ill and I tell her she needs to at least stay with him for the health insurance. She won’t do it. She says she wants me back and stupid me gives in and she moves in. So she has lost her job in Florida and now has now health insurance because she left her husband. I help her apply for disability and she gets it on the first try. We have to wait two years for her to get on Medicare but we do it. After she’d moved in with me she decides she needs to get back in the ‘truth’ and starts going to meetings. She ceases our sexual relationship and the day she gets baptized, she quits smoking cigarettes and weed. Well after about 3 months she started back smoking cigarettes and after about a year she start back smoking weed. The only thing she’s still not doing is sleeping with me. Which is really fine with me because I’m over it.

That’s basically it…I found this board doing research on JW’s. Sometimes I feel like I’m getting somewhere with all this JW crap but then it’s like they pull her back in. But she hasn’t been to a meeting in weeks. I think she’s torn and it’s sad. Our relationship is actually very good right now. She credits me for saving her life. I love her dearly and we get along just fine. I have many friends that I see and have a great job and a great life. I don’t know what will happen if I ever meet someone…I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I think this whole ordeal has hardened me…I know I’ll never be the same again. You all have been a tremendous help to me…more than you’ll ever know. You all may think I’m crazy for letting this woman live with me but it’s what my heart told me to do because she was so very ill at the time. When she first moved in, when I would come home from work I honestly didn’t know if I would find her dead or alive. But she’s taking her health a lot more seriously now and is doing much better. She’s still not seizure free and she may never be…but I can deal with that. She’s still smoking cigarettes and weed and I think she feels guilty. I feel sorry for her. She feels like she needs this religion for everlasting life. Maybe one day she’ll see the light….just maybe.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Crap...I lost my paragraphs...sorry.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Wow, that is quite a story. Hopefully she'll quit the JW thing and be normal. Hell, a little sex now and then probably wouldn't hurt, either. I hope it works out for the both of you.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

WOW! Thanks for sharing your story, all I can say is WOW

nj

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks for sharing, fellow Alabamian.

All I can say is WOW!!!

Sylvia

• DJK
    DJK

Thanks for sharing.

Your freind has some serious issues especially in the relationship area.

Being concerned and helping her may be fine, limit your relationship to that alone. Any more will drag you down and shield you from a happy and peaceful future you deserve.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Holy Molley, Batman!

That is some friggin life oppgirl! I swear I feel like I should pull up a chair to your driveway and just watch you live instead of waiting for Desperate Housewives or House to come on.

I hope everything works out for you. Dayum! I thought my gay drama was off the heezy- you win, girl!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I found the first 1/3 interesting, then I could not keep my eyes focused due to format. Nonetheless, thanx for sharing with us.

Jeff

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Here's a re-post with paragraphs...sorry After TrevorGate, I feel compelled to contribute more to the board. You said this board has been a little crazy lately…so here’s my story. I tried not to be too long and ramble too much. Forgive my spelling or punctuation in advance. How I got here… Let’s begin in 1984…I was going to college and met my now JW roommate. I was 20 at the time and I had just come out of my first relationship with a woman. I was quite shy and she was 8 yrs older than me. She pursued me to no end and I finally gave in. I think this is the first time I have mentioned this to you all. She was a practicing lesbian at the time. Well this lasted a short while and then she moved away and into a relationship with another woman. I picked up the pieces and moved on with my life. She contacted me from time to time and occasionally we would meet up and spend time together. This went on for a while until she got busted at work for selling weed to an undercover person posing as an employee (she was a county employee in a rather large NC city). She was charged with a felony. I lost touch with her after that. From what she’s told me she left NC for Florida as that is where her family is. I think while she was in NC she was first introduced to the JW’s. After moving back to Florida, she had a few relationships with other women but became more involved with the JW’s. Finally in 1993 she attempted to turn away from the gay lifestyle forever by marrying the maintenance guy at her apartment complex (keep in mind I was not in any contact with her at the time). Well turns out he was a drunk (I don’t know if he was just a drunk or she drove him to drink). They separated for a short while and then reconciled. Her sister had some property and my roommate was interested in building a house. Well, the person living beside the property she was going to build on was also a lesbian. My roommate finally gets a divorce and begins building her house and seeing this woman and she is all the time studying with the JW’s. Roommate builds the house and moves in…gets lesbian girlfriend neighbor interested in studying with the JW’s. Lesbian neighbor takes all the JW teachings hook, line, and sinker. When my roommate attempts to continue their relationship, lesbian neighbor tells the elders my roommate is making her uncomfortable. Well they separate the two by assigning someone else to study with lesbian neighbor. They keep tight reigns on the neighbor to keep the two apart. Well it doesn’t take even a year for the lesbian neighbor to get baptized. My roommate happened to be in her house one day and found a letter that the baptized lesbian neighbor had written to the lady she was studying with. Well turns out she’s got the hots for this woman…she a married pioneer. My roommate was furious (jealous). Keep in mind my roommate still isn’t baptized. One night she was going through her address book and finds my name and decides to call me…it had been 17 years since I had last talked to her. In my mind, she was always larger than life…I always held a candle for her. So when she called me I was elated. I was not seeing anyone at the time. We talked for about a month and she finally comes up to see me. Our relationship begins again. Back in Florida, the baptized lesbian neighbor decides she wants to resume her relationship with my now roommate…that she handled everything all wrong because my now roommate stopped going to the meetings. But she is now seeing me but doesn’t dare tell her. Baptized lesbian neighbor gets so mad by not knowing where my now roommate is every weekend that she invited one of the anointed to move in with her. This anointed lady had kids who were all DF and she didn’t have any relationship with them and needed somewhere to live. My roommate now admits that while this woman was living there she would crawl through baptized lesbian neighbors bedroom window to be with her. LOL I know I should have RUN RUN RUN!!! Anyway…after this went along for some time, my now roommate starts acting very strange. Her sister also built a house on the adjacent lot and they start arguing. My roommate’s sister (they are identical twins) has always had negative things to say about my roommate’s sexuality. One night while we were talking on the phone, my roommate has a grand mal seizure. I’m horrified because I’m over 400 miles away. I call 911 and they get someone out there to check on her. By the time they get there, she back to herself somewhat and tells them that she’s fine. I even find her sisters phone number on the internet and call her to go over and check on her and she won’t do it. Well my roommate denies anything is wrong with her but her behavior gets more and more bizarre. One night my now roommate catches her sister in a compromising situation with her boss (she worked at a theological seminary) and he was a pastor. She was supposed to be involved with a man in Savannah. The Savannah boyfriend finds out about this (my roommate tells him). My roommate and he start talking on the phone all the time. I’m thinking something is wrong here. One day at work my now roommate calls my friend who works with me and tells her to tell me that’s she’s just married her twin’s ex-boyfriend. She didn’t even have the guts to tell me herself. I later overheard her tell someone that she did this to prove to everyone that she wasn’t gay. The day after she gets married she shows up at my house and she want to be intimate with me…telling me it doesn’t mean anything. By this time I’m a basket case and just want her gone. She keeps showing up at my house…her new husband doesn’t understand (I wouldn’t either). Then at my house she faints and falls and hits her head on my driveway. I call 911 and they get her to the hospital (she had 2 seizures on the way). I have to call her husband because he’s the one to make the decisions. I don’t have a choice. They send her to a larger hospital and her husband gets there. They keep her a couple or three days and let her go. Instead of going back to Savannah, they come to my house. The next day when he’s ready to leave she says she’s not going and he just leaves her here. That night she goes what I call insane. I have to call the cops…she pulls a gun on me and is taking to many meds. I convince the cops that something is medically wrong with her (she still has the head injury from the fall). They have to hog tie her in the ambulance. It takes 6 officers to hold her in the ER. The do a cat scan and send her back to the larger hospital. I call her husband again…he’s just gotten back to Savannah. I don’t go to the hospital because of what I’ve just been through…everyone is telling me not to go. The next day her husband calls and says she has viral encephalitis (swelling of the brain). This can cause a person to be psychotic. I think she’s had this for a while. She’s lucky to be alive. Her husband has her transferred back to a hospital in Savannah and he comes to my house and gets everything she owns. After about 3 weeks she calls me and apologizes for whatever happened because she doesn’t remember anything. Next thing I know she’s left her husband (married 3 months). She’s still very ill and I tell her she needs to at least stay with him for the health insurance. She won’t do it. She says she wants me back and stupid me gives in and she moves in. So she has lost her job in Florida and now has now health insurance because she left her husband. I help her apply for disability and she gets it on the first try. We have to wait two years for her to get on Medicare but we do it. After she’d moved in with me she decides she needs to get back in the ‘truth’ and starts going to meetings. She ceases our sexual relationship and the day she gets baptized, she quits smoking cigarettes and weed. Well after about 3 months she started back smoking cigarettes and after about a year she start back smoking weed. The only thing she’s still not doing is sleeping with me. Which is really fine with me because I’m over it. That’s basically it…I found this board doing research on JW’s. Sometimes I feel like I’m getting somewhere with all this JW crap but then it’s like they pull her back in. But she hasn’t been to a meeting in weeks. I think she’s torn and it’s sad. Our relationship is actually very good right now. She credits me for saving her life. I love her dearly and we get along just fine. I have many friends that I see and have a great job and a great life. I don’t know what will happen if I ever meet someone…I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. I think this whole ordeal has hardened me…I know I’ll never be the same again. You all have been a tremendous help to me…more than you’ll ever know. You all may think I’m crazy for letting this woman live with me but it’s what my heart told me to do because she was so very ill at the time. When she first moved in, when I would come home from work I honestly didn’t know if I would find her dead or alive. But she’s taking her health a lot more seriously now and is doing much better. She’s still not seizure free and she may never be…but I can deal with that. She’s still smoking cigarettes and weed and I think she feels guilty. I feel sorry for her. She feels like she needs this religion for everlasting life. Maybe one day she’ll see the light….just maybe.

• Open mind
    Open mind

You should submit this to Hollywood oppgirl63!!!

Talk about a tangled, messed-up web.

Follow your heart on the relationship I guess, but don't underestimate the mind-screwing power of this religion.

On a lighter note, any chance of the "Annointed Sister" pursuing the fairer sex? Now, that would be a good plot twist! ;-)

Thanks for sharing your story.

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit