Non-traditional marriage proposal -- she ask him?

by merfi 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Gryph
    Gryph

Absolutely!! (Traditionally speaking they say the woman is only "allowed" to propose on a leap year on the actual DAY Feb. 29) BUT, I say to hell with tradition! Go for it! I proposed to my second husband, he said yes, I gave him an "engagement/ promise" ring whatever and he later proposed to me, cuz of course he wanted to be the man. lol ;) But yes, totally... go for it. No one says you have to get married tomorrow

• daytona27
    daytona27

I'd say yes.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Why not? I was the one who proposed to my husband (and it wasn't even a leap year) ... he said YES!

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Why do you need to get married?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Why do you need to get married?

Nobody said you do. If someone wants to that's their prerogative though.

• oompa
    oompa

I think that neither party should propose.....they should just know it.....they should have shared enough things that led to the obvious conclusion that they were going to be together....so it would not matter who brought the M word up.......by the way I did not read the other posts....but felt so strongly about this I jumped in and posted...................................................................oompa

• merfi
    merfi

Hmm, my post is resurrected. Oompa -- I think, even in the past month or so since I've posted that, we've gotten to that point. We've talked about "after the house is done" (remodel/rebuild sorta thing) being the "when" to getting married. So no hurry, probably no proposal needed, we'll just up and make it official one of those days future... It's one of those things we simply 'know'.

~merfi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit