Non-traditional marriage proposal -- she ask him?

by merfi 26 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

Your thoughts?

~merfi
    (thinking about it...)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

merfi...

why not...who says there is a "rule" one way or the other? go for it if it seems right to you...

SnakesInTheTower (of the "wouldn't mind being asked" Sheep Class)

• R.F.
    R.F.

Nothing wrong with the woman asking the man in my opinion.

Robert

• Odrade
    Odrade

sure. but only if asking does not equal pushing.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Go for it!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Very cool, why not. My wife was the one to first throw out the I love you's. I agreed and the rest is history

• mathilde
    mathilde

yes of course, why not?

This is 2007 so go for it!

Good luck,

Mathilde

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Go for it!

If he says no, will you stay with him?

• brinjen
    brinjen

If it feels right, I say go for it!

• merfi
    merfi
    If he says no, will you stay with him?

Yeah.

We've been together for 10 months, through a lot of wonderful things and not-so-wonderful things (his dad passed away this year). I met him on a Thursday night (hahahaha old 'meeting night' --oh thank goodness I'm out or I'd have missed this man), went out Friday and Saturday nights, NY Eve was a Sunday night and he stayed over ... We've both been slapped silly by how much and how strong we felt so fast, but it hasn't faded but only strengthened. He's broken down every wall that my stupid JW ex caused me to put up... I trust my heart completely in his. We're planning on having me and my little people move into a house he's building (should be done next summer) and the "M" word has been tossed around a tiny bit. Neither of us really feel like we need the piece of paper to be 'us', so maybe it's just the romantic (?) in me wanting it official. So it might not even be a matter of me actually asking him, but saying something along the lines of "ya wanna?"

~merfi
    (getting all swoony)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit