Dare you have an opinion here?

by James Free 37 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Magic, I disagree with Curt Cobain's opinion on this one.

And Journey-on, thank you for the information about optirectomies. This is great news, and is bound to be a huge benefit to many.

• Magick
    Magick
    Magic, I disagree with Curt Cobain's opinion on this one. watson

watson...i didn't know kurt...but, i would suspect it was tongue and cheek. he was a very sensitive guy. he was probably speaking of those in the media who had opinions of him

he also said..."I won't eat anything green."

most of the time our opinions are based on our perspective and experience.

as you will see, i sometimes find myself embracing both sides of the same coin. because i have lived both sides.

my opinion today was not my opinion 10 years ago and vice versa.

my opinion changes as i learn new facts.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no problem - all opinions are encouraged

• Gregor
    Gregor

Opinions should be cleared with me first. A PM with a brief outline of your opinion is fine. I will get back to you as soon as possible and let you know if you can have that opinion. If not, I will suggest an opinion that is acceptable. You are then free to post your approved opinion to others. I learned this from 30 years in the WTS and it kept discord at a minimum.

• memario
    memario
    just make sure it's squeaky clean

Majick - Always!

mem

• Magick
    Magick

Majick - Always!

spit shined?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Opinions:

Some people use them to enable understanding.

Some people use them to rid themselves of confusion.

Some people use them to deliberately hurt others.

etc.

The usefulness of opinions lies in their ability to enable and enhance understanding IMO. Others would have a diferent opinion!

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I have noticed that if someone has an opinion that does not go with the flow on this forum they often get insulted and shot down in flames. I thought this was a DISCUSSION forum, but I am sadly dismayed to read so much intolerance of another's opinion. If you appear to support the JW's in any way, even though people like me may disagree with you, you are entitled to your opinion.

I think there would be less lurkers and more contributors if we all remembered that.

Am I wrong?

IT'S NOT HOW MANY TIMES YOU GET KNOCKED DOWN, IT'S HOW MANY TIMES YOU GET BACK UP!!!!!!

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit