Dare you have an opinion here?

by James Free 37 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yup, you're wrong. ;-)

You seem to be advocating the freedom to voice an opinion. I can't see where anyone has been prevented from doing that. You must remember, though, that in wanting freedom to voice opinions, you must necessarily include in that the freedom to voice opinions on other people's opinions. If someone appears to have a rectal cranial transposition, you have the right to say as much.

• Clam
    Clam
    If someone appears to have a rectal cranial transposition, you have the right to say as much.

LOL Agreed.

Isn't the question more about giving JW apologists a break?

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Sometimes, discussion means disagreement. Then there are people who post here to defend the WTS or extoll their own leadership with Christ's. I think that cracking on these folks is OK and is a better alternative to forcing medication on them, which is just not our place.

Dude, if someone stood up in an AA meeting and starting passing out cocktails and extolling virtues of The Drink, surely he'd be tossed out.

However, I have never seen a person bare his soul here and in need of care and support and NOT get it, never seen such a person be shot down.

• anewme
    anewme

It has been my observation that the outpouring of opinion and advice here on JWD is usually very well rounded and sound when all is said and done. People really try to give their honest viewpoints, which taken in toto as a community reflects the wisdom of humanity.

I have been praised and I have been condemned for my views. And I have benefited from both appraisals.

It is so much better than being in a cult where everybody smiles at you but go behind your back gossiping their real views to your friends, family or elders.

I find the honesty and argument refreshing in that regard.

• new boy
    new boy

O.K.......lets look at the facts. What type of people post here?

You have everything from the self rightious pioneers counting their service time. They want to do battle with the seed of Satan. (in their minds) Because they know in their rightious might they will be victorious.

To Lurkers, people who still think it's the "lord's organization".....but something tells them, in the back of their mind....something is very wrong.

To the newly screwed over....people who just got the shit kicked out of them by their friends, "God's people." They have real doubts......they come here for answers....but they are really hoping that what they are hearing is not the truth..........because that would change their world....That is a very scary place to go.

To those who come to the realization that their life as a JW was a sham....lie...They were a part of a huge Cosmic Joke....but they are not laughing.

To those....who are so bad and pissed off for being part of this big joke....They come here to vent....yell...scream...and yes...even cry.

To the last group those of us who come here to help others see the light in a spirit of love and compassion. Those of us that feel the pain of all the groups that I just mentioned, and really want to help people heal and move on to a better world....

So is any wonder my friend....why some opinions would clash with others on this board?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

part of the freedom of getting out of the org. is having opinions and speaking them, and being able to take the response. If you have an opinion, shout it out. If you disagree, say so. The entire world does not have to agree with you. If someone is being disrespectful, call him/her on it. The only controversy I hate is when it descends to name-calling - shoot the messenger exchanges. But it doesn't kill me if someone vigorously disagrees with me.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If I came across heavy handed yesterday, I regret getting some choked up, but it IS My opinion, just as others have their valid points.

Buy I agree with the Watchtower Society on the issue of killing people. The Society does not support the death penalty, or war. I believe it is a correct choice. Now as far as the rest of the doctrine..... , mind control and so on. Absolutely not.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I never thought of this forum as a support forum per se. As has already been noted, discussion often does mean debate.

I do see opinions shot down. I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with rudeness, but I accept that there are rude people on this forum and they have their right to be rude. You wanna know how to handle a rude response? Don't address the rudeness. Bring your "A" game and address what he said with your well thought out arguement. If you ignore bullies, you disable them 100%. Esp in an internet forum. (of course, if you don't have a well thought out response, maybe you should like at what you believe and why you believe it.)

Anyone associated with the JW's are at various places in their journey, so I try not to be thin skinned. Bring it on. The more the merrier......

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Dare you have an opinion?..Jaw Drop 2..Everybody has got a Frigg`n opinion on JWD!!..LOL!!..Sometimes we agree..Sometimes not.......Oompa and I have agreed twice in the last few days..

• Magick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit