"New Light" Not Waking People Up !!!

by AlphaOmega 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The change in 1995 of the 1914 generation was a bigger revelation and many jws missed the point and still do now and cling to the 1914 generation. A jw has to already be questioning for things like this to make much of an impact. I didn't leave in 1995, it took several more things to wake me up. Had to be punched in the face a couple of times.

Blondie

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .....bet you did not see that one coming Alpha.....classic.....oompa....now you have planted a little seed right?.....in a total vacuum

Yes thank you OOMPA... Dawg... I like the thinking. I guess that I should elaborate a bit... oddly enough I am trusted by this person. He has also said that he doesn't consider me apostate or that he doesn't think that I am a "goat". He has also checked with "the Society" about several of the things that I have shown him... they all pan out to be true. But he even said to me that no matter what they taught, he would continue to believe that they have the truth. I was just surprised... ...anyway, we continue to discuss things together. It goes deeper than that, but I can't share the entire story at the moment - hopefully one day I'll be able to. AO

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Had to be punched in the face a couple of times.

Blondie... verbally I hope.

I am basically trying to ask him to read the literature rather than just highlight the relevant answers in the study - hopefully some of it will SHOUT at him.

The Oracle... Thank you... I guess that is what I am trying to do, but it came across here as me jumping up and down sounding like a screaming apostate foaming at the mouth
    I'll pursue the "what do you think" line a bit more.

Thanks all

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the defense mechanism against apostates. They have the Witlesses not thinking on their own. All the thinking is done for them at headquarters, and when they announce a change, that is what you are supposed to think. You are supposed to go along with that "new light" crap and forget the old light. Never mind if they later return to the old position or if it is totally illogical.

That wasn't what woke me up. I did not really give a fxxx about the doctrines, deals and agreements, minor/major fulfillments, and the like. What I didn't like was the way I was treated so poorly. They literally wanted me as a slave among them, to give up my life and sacrifice it to support others (so much for Jesus' ransom sacrifice being perfect and nothing more ever being needed). That was sufficient for me to turn apostate just to give them slaps in the face. If I can dig up dirt on them and throw it in their faces, that is a bonus.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    That wasn't what woke me up. I did not really give a fxxx about the doctrines, deals and agreements, minor/major fulfillments, and the like. What I didn't like was the way I was treated so poorly. They literally wanted me as a slave among them, to give up my life and sacrifice it to support others (so much for Jesus' ransom sacrifice being perfect and nothing more ever being needed). That was sufficient for me to turn apostate just to give them slaps in the face. If I can dig up dirt on them and throw it in their faces, that is a bonus.

Again, this seems so familiar.

It's almost as if "what we believe" isn't as important as "who we are".

I think that the whole point is that God does not change. His word and plans and purposes are perfect, and infallible. So honestly, the JW is going against God's word to say that a "new light" has come up. That is essentially calling God a liar. Do you think that God would say one thing and then later say, "well, I change my mind..." It does not make sense. Anyone that knows the bible would know that. But then again studying of the bible outside of the watchtower is not recommended. I have never understood the whole "new light" thing. But I have always viewed it as the JW blatantly calling God a liar.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Blondie said

The change in 1995 of the 1914 generation was a bigger revelation and many jws missed the point and still do now and cling to the 1914 generation

So true, the last time that I was allowed to a dubs home socially one woman was still saying that the generation of 1914 was nearly completed. Somebody gently pointed out the The Society had abandoned that thought some years ago..She giggled and said "Oh really?" and evidently didn't care - she still had it in her belief system and didn't want to lose it. I find that that older dubs have reached plateau of beliefs and are not going to change their personal thoughts, no matter what the WT prints..

What gets to me is when they discuss "fulfilled prophecy" ..Time and again they will say, "Well of course it can only be seen in the light of events after they have happened, and revealed World events can change our expectations"

I say "Well of course anybody can see it afterwards, the trick would be to tell it in advance - if the Holy Spirit was guiding them " ....but they still do not see it

• CHILD
    CHILD

I do think people reach a plateau of beliefs and that's why I didn't understand the significance of the flip-flop on blood a few years ago. Last October, I discovered the flip-flop regarding blood fractions and started doing research. A light went on in mind that let me know the WTS does not have the authority to tell me what to believe. I didn't even attended the meeting that discussed the article in the km because I was disgusted.

I think many people are brain-numbed and believe they are just responsible for themselves. The fear of armageddon and disfellowshiping keep them from thinking for themselves.

• oompa
    oompa
    Blondie: The change in 1995 of the 1914 generation was a bigger revelation and many jws missed the point and still do now and cling to the 1914 generation. A jw has to already be questioning for things like this to make much of an impact.

I bitched so much about that....but still did not leave. Now my elder/dad admits "he really had a hard time with that one." But he is still and elder. I finally woke up........so maybe he can too someday.......oompa

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's interesting that it's never just one thing that wakes a person up, it is the specific combination of things that will push their buttons. Of anybody, you'd know best what it would be for this person. The challenge is being able to get it all to them without their aposta-radar putting them on full alert.

Think about what it took to get through to you. When I do that, I can generally list ten or twenty things, and then I read another thread here and remember 'oh yeah, and that!'. I must have been particularly obtuse.

At the back of your mind remember that, believe it or not, they may in fact be better off and happiest right where they are. His life is his life. It isn't your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit