"New Light" Not Waking People Up !!!

by AlphaOmega 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I have absolutely no idea how to get through to some people...

I mentioned the 1935 change to a JW, and told him that I'd seen the change coming... it was a logical progression, NOT a revelation from God to the FDS...

His response ?

"I've also had changes revealed to me BEFORE the FDS makes the change, it just goes to show that Jehovah reveals it to his people and that the Witnesses have the truth."

AAAAARGH !!!!

Totally missed the point about logic and how "New Light" always seems to bail the GB out !!!

Any other similar responses ?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah, my reaction would have been 'ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz......' in a different time in a former life. The question you should be asking is 'why is what they believe such a problem to me?'

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Yeah, my reaction would have been 'ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz......' in a different time in a former life. The question you should be asking is 'why is what they believe such a problem to me?'

It's a problem to me as I have some good friends that are caught up in this...I'm trying anything to give them a little shake. Or did you mean that I should be asking THEM that question... "Why is what the FDS believes such a problem ?"

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Giving them a little shake might help. Trying to give them a little shake, failing, and giving them another one will set off their aposta-radar, and they won't be your friend any more.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Giving them a little shake might help. Trying to give them a little shake, failing, and giving them another one will set off their aposta-radar, and they won't be your friend any more.

I can see that would be true generally, but this relationship has gone past that...

...we are both discussing the failings of the organisation openly, yet "It is still the truth" to them.

• dawg
    dawg

Alpha, Here's the progression as I see it.

1) Ask them why God wanted the Fads to be wrong over such an important thing?

2) If they say that God uses imperfect men... say then he uses me also

3) He uses me to question men

4) That's why the Bible doesn't say that its a disfellowshipping offense to question men...

5) Another un-bibical teaching perpertrated by the Fads

• oompa
    oompa

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .....bet you did not see that one coming Alpha.....classic.....oompa....now you have planted a little seed right?.....in a total vacuum

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think one of the big cultist defences is that they first decide if you are a person worth listening to. Only THEN do they hear what you are really saying. If you are already "marked" as an "unbeliever", an "uninterested one", a "goat-like one", an "opposer", or heaven forbid, an "apostate", they already have their "yes-but" sentence ready to go.

I think this first defence has to be rounded before there can be any meaningful conversation.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Alpha,

Try to get his/her mind working - out of the box.

Ask them to speculate on what other changes may be coming.

Float some out there yourself.

1914 will probably change

607 will probably change

If they protest that its too radical - bring up how a central teaching (the generation that would not pass away) was changed so anything goes. If a teaching considered so central that it would be included in the mastehead of the Awake for years can be completely changed then anything is open to a 360 turn about.

Forcing them to think is the key IMHO

It has worked for me, when trying to free minds...

Cheers!

The Oracle

• oompa
    oompa

Oracle, I have a feeling the concubine arrangement is about to return in order to appeal more to the masses!..........oompa

I wondered what it would take to get me back........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit