Amazing backflip at the sunday meeting - Nostradamus and 2012

by stay young and beautiful 32 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

Good to have you here on this thread... I'm sorry to be so blunt, but they're idiots, plain and simple

• stay young and beautiful
  • Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I brought up the 2012 issue on another thread on Monday, I believe. In my post, I was wondering if the JWs were going to start pointing toward that date, and now I hear that it was mentioned in a talk? Wow. Freaky. Maybe I'M the next prophet! All heed the words of prophet Dorktacular! Woo Hoo!

• Dorktacular
    stay young and beautiful

Another coincidence! Perhaps you should get a job at the WT!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Or maybe I can sell rubber walrus protectors to eskimos! I think I mentioned that as a job possibility before.... I wonder if the WTBS would let me count that as field service time??

stay young and beautiful

So long as you leave a nice little tract, I don't see why not.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Mostly what is written about Mother Shipton is myth, and lest we forget...

And England shall admit a Jew
    You think this strange, but it is true
    The Jew that once ws held in scorn
    Shall of a Christian then be born.

Dorktacular - yes you must be a prophet, but nobody here cares. As far as the eskimos - very soon they will need surf boards and flip flops; the walrus will be remembered as a friend of the Beatles.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    2012 as the end of the world .....

the speaker said 'he may well be right, but what he didn't know was the time or the hour!'

I am going to put all the former JW's and JW's at ease.

IF (it's a big IF) the end was to come before 2014, the WTS would never have abandoned
    their "1914 Generation" teaching from before 1995. Since they did abandon that teaching,
    they know it won't be here before that.

You can speculate all you want, but Jesus' Faithful and Discreet Slave on Earth has
    the inside track on this. IF the end were to arrive in 2012 or shortly afterward, then there
    would be a couple of centurians still alive, heck maybe 2 or 3 who even understood what
    was going on back then (not babies).

I wouldn't hold my breath.

A speaker who said that about Nostrodamus should get counseled by the P.O. or whoever
    to stop doing that.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hello Stay Young ...I've said it before, Nostradamus has certainly been more successful with propecies than theWTBTS ... maybe the Org will reveal (in the Members only WT) that he was a dub (hasn't God ALWAYS had a 'representative' on Earth? - well Nostradamus was the 16th Century 'rep', lol)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit