Amazing backflip at the sunday meeting - Nostradamus and 2012

by stay young and beautiful 32 Replies latest jw friends

• stay young and beautiful
    stay young and beautiful

Might not be as far fetched as some may think...

• lawrence
    lawrence

There are some legends that Nostradamus had been taught by Guatemalan Maya elders how to "vision" as well as the Mayan calendar. Nostradamus' life overlapped the time when Bishop de Landa had gathered many Maya manuscripts (near modern day Merida) and burned them, but had to go back to Spain to explain. The Bishop had the Maya explain to him their calendar as well as rites before he headed back to the Continent with a book for the King and excuses for his treatment of the natives. Perhaps, there is some way Nostradamus hooked up with the Bishop, or one of the Bishop's "friends". There is little chance he came to the "New World" by steamer.

• lawrence
    lawrence

One other note regarding Bishop de Landa...

"He is the author of the Relación de las Cosas de Yucatán in which he catalogues the Maya language, religion, culture and writing system. This manuscript was written around 1566 on his return to Spain; however, the original copies have long since been lost. The account is known to us only as an abridgement, which in turn had undergone several iterations by various copyists. The extant version was produced around 1660, and was discovered by the nineteenth centuryFrench cleric Charles Etienne Brasseur de Bourbourg in 1862. Brasseur de Bourbourg published the manuscript two years later in a bilingual French-Spanish edition, entitled Relation des choses de Yucatán de Diego de Landa."

Great book by the way - I highly recommend it!

Nostradamus died in 1566, so there well may have been interaction, as well as the fact that some of the friars who returned to Europe might have hooked up with Nostradamus.

stay young and beautiful

So Nostradamus copied the idea of 2012 as the end date from the Maya?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Don't really know, but it is possible. It has been speculated on before, but ...

stay young and beautiful

With all this talk of Nostradamus, it's funny that I have just visited a website I visit daily, and a speaker is due to talk about Nostradamus. Never seen anything about him before on that website. Strange.

• lawrence
    lawrence

One day Nostradamus, the next day Edgar Cayce, and the next day Freddy Franz. Who/what is next? Some huckster from Hoboken with a secret handshake and a book given to him by Mother Mary.

stay young and beautiful

Yeah, I know what you are saying. I guess every generation likes to think that they are special. 'The Sign of the Last Days - When?' is a superb book that covers this. Although, don't know whether you can compare Freddy to Nostradamus! Or perhaps they were all full of shit?

• badboy
    badboy

PERHAPS MOTHER SHIPTON WILL BE QUOTED FROM NEXT!

stay young and beautiful

Those idiots at Bethel would quote from the Quran!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit