History leading up to my "happiness" thread

by Junction-Guy 47 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Okay, everyone in my class is messing up calls. I feel happier now. Event though it's all overwhelming, I think it will be fun once I learn all the software and procedures better.

JG, I'll try to read your history later.

• dawg
    dawg

I doubt very seriously that JG is wrong as to this man's merits... how many people are lie about a man cheating in his wife and leaving them short changed and alone. That's a pretty easy thing to confirm.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You know, I was thinking, and maybe this has already been said, but if "happiness is the best revenge", it doesn't mean that it's easy to achieve. I mean really, who is happy all the time anyway? I don't meet very many people who are, inside or outside the org.

Okay, I just bumbled through my first day manning the phones, but my last customer told me I should inform my supervisor that I did an excellent job. That made me feel good because I was trying to find a dealer for him and was doing my search incorrectly and it took a while, but I persisted and he appreciated it. We can't tell them we are new or indicate we don't know what we're doing. So, I guess my southern charm paid off.

He then spouts off the old "happiness is the best revenge" spiel.

He seemed so bitter himself, and couldnt even crack a smile or at least act pleasant.

That's one of those things that makes you go hmmmmm. JG, when someone is nasty to me, I try to remember that the problem usually lies with them and not me and that helps take the sting out of their stinkin' attitude. Consider the source in his case. Who is he kidding? He may have been so grouchy because he was trying very hard to convince himself that he was happy. Maybe he had a nagging conscience deep down there somewhere? Otherwise he just might keep making the same terrible mistake and that is to think that he can run from his life/problems and find happiness. He fails to recognize that "where ever you go, well then there you are."

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

JG,

Again my apologies if I offended you. I was in no way referring to you when I said ditto to Changling's post. Nor was my apology and advice hollow. I was speaking from experience. I will clarify that I am not seeking revenge on anyone. I see how living a good life gives a better testament to current JWs about leaving the org. then being bitter. My statements did not mean to fake happiness, nor did I imply that I am living a perfect utopian life and am happy 24/7. My life is better now then when I was a JW and my family sees that. They see that not all "worldly" men are the devil. My JW mom said that she was relieved that I am happy and living a good life; she told my stauch JW grandmother this before she passed away. It gave her peace of mind. As I have stated, I speak from experience.

I think it is rather unfair of you to judge my advice without even knowing me, then turn around and say you give others the benefit of the doubt if you have not met them. "Remove thy rafter from thine (or thy? Geez I am tired!) own eye..."

FlyHighNow: Sorry about your first day at work. First day on the job is always nerve racking. Too bad I start temping on Monday; first day all the time!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    If you set out to be truly happy, then the revenge will be in the eye of those who wish misery upon you. You will never know because you have left revenge behind you.

Nicely put.

Also, who said the "forgiveness is the best revenge"?, that was good too.

I think JG, that something is really bugging you, and these surface turbulence issues are a way of avoiding the real thing.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

He told me that I should just give up, quit trying as I will never succeed. He was very condescending and it was starting to make me furious.

Dont ever give up, Junction Guy. Your going to bring the Wac Tower down!

• bisous
    bisous

JG - I'm puzzled as to why you feel the need to keep putting up threads trying to explain your thoughts on this topic. You've been around here long enough to know that you're just feeding the *tsk tsk brigade* ... why give them that satisfaction?

Your first thread expressed the opinions and views you had. Now it seems to have devolved into you put in the position of continuing defending yourself ... observing these exchanges, I can tell you that from all appearances it is a no-win situation. As long as you are comfortable with your point of view, and it works for you ... why not leave it at that?

• bisous
    bisous

And of course, JG, I don't think ALL of the responses fit into the *brigade*, many people have given you constructive feedback or input vs. attacking....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit