Are You Spontaneous or more Scheduled?

by journey-on 66 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

I was thinking about why my sister is such a fanatical JW and why I turned away from it. We were both raised

JWs by the same two parents in the same environment and taught the same stuff. Then I realized that she is

a very regimented person. She lists everything and schedules everything. Her entire week is planned in advance

and very seldom will she change anything if it's already been penciled in. I'm just the opposite. I thrive on

spontaneity and love spur of the moment activities. Which are you and do you think it makes a difference in

whether you are a GOOD JW, a mediocre one, or one who has left altogether?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think I function best with a routine. I like a regiment. I go to the gym 5 days a week. I go to work 5 days a week. I have 2 days off. I like to eat at predetermined times and predetermined foods. I have a paramilitary type job with a uniform and shoes that must be shined everyday to pass muster.

In my case, I dont think regiment and discipline have anything to do with my not being a witness.

Time and events have proven that the JW's do not have the truth. They are as lost as the rest of the world that they point their fingers at and criticize.

At this point in my life I dont need to be lead by the blind. Who ever wants to lead me will have to put some dinero in my pocket on a day to day basis.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I don't know how relevant it is, although I'll be interested to see the other posters. I'm a spontaneous person myself. I hate planning things. I love spur of the moment activites as well and I also have to admit I'm always late to things because I hate appoinments and such.....you can imagine when i attended meetings.....yeah..I was ALWAYS late...ha!

• changeling
    changeling

I'm a spontaneous person with goals.

I react spontaneously, but I'm completion oriented, so I don't get side tracked easily.

Does that make any sense?

changeling

• journey-on
    journey-on

I was thinking about how every week at the same exact time year after year, you have a certain meeting. Every

Sat. morning, week after week, she goes in the field service. Every Sat. afternoon, she schedules her time to study

for the WT lesson, and on and on. If I call her and tell her I'm coming through her part of town Sat. morning and

would she like to go have breakfast, even though I seldom see her, she will tell me she can't because she's going

out in service. My God! She has gone out in service every Sat. morning forever! Why can't she cancel and go

have breakfast with her sister that she hasn't seen in months!!!! Everything has to be on HER schedule.

• changeling
    changeling

Ok: Here I go again: go to humanmetrics .com and take their personality test. It will expalin a lot, I promise.

journey-on, and mentalcleaness: your last letter is definitely a "P".

jaguarbass: yours is a "J"

In fact, journey-on, aren't you an infp?

changeling

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

ha!! I'm so sponateous I'm going to take that test now!!!!!! thanks!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Changeling! I just took the test and YES...I'm an INFP. How did you know?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    My God! She has gone out in service every Sat. morning forever! Why can't she cancel and go

have breakfast with her sister that she hasn't seen in months!!!! Everything has to be on HER schedule.

Because, J-O, don't you see? If she breaks Jehovah's schedule to have breakfast with her apostate sister she is making room for Satan the Devil. She MUST keep on guard.

At least that's my take on things.

To answer your original question I'm both. I go in phases. Maybe that means I'm still a work in progress. But I do make lists and keep to schedules of things that MUST be done like change the oil in my car. In terms of social events I like to be more spontaneous. I'm always late to things too and always was late to meetings but I am unsure what that has to do with anything. For me personally, anyway. It's a terrible habit I want to change because I hate what it implies about my attitudes towards other people, but apparently I don't want to change it enough to actually change it.

• changeling
    changeling

You took it before silly...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit