Love JW Style

by Save My Soul 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

We have a massive fire surrounding our community in Santa Clarita, CA. 3 false comforters have called me this morning. They said was I and my property OK. Two never asked about the family. They were disapointed when I said the fire was 4 miles away. So far over 25k acres have burned and we have 90 mph winds expected. We may be evacuated tonight. The loving brothers from my old hall never extended an invitation for me to come to their home. One even said, well that's what happens when you move way up there.

What LOVE.

I may lose my home and some jealous elders are still hatin'

True Agape Love.

I truly can relate to Job and his false comforters. On the other hand, about 20 or more worldly people have extended invitations to us. These are the ones that will die very soon at God's war.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    One even said, well that's what happens when you move way up there.

Yes, you can just feel the love.

I'm hoping the best for you and yours.

Peace and love.

Sylvia

• Grammy
    Grammy
    We may be evacuated tonight. The loving brothers from my old hall never extended an invitation for me to come to their home. One even said, well that's what happens when you move way up there.

That reminded me of these scriptures... James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. Titus 1:16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They
    are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.
    I am hoping you, your family and all people in that area will be safe. My heart goes out to all of you, I'm a hurricane Camille and hurricane Katrina survivor so you will be in my thoughts.

• *summer*
    *summer*

I am speechless. What is wrong with those people??? This is disgusting!!!

Prayers sent your way...

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I was in California about 2 years ago for 3 months. It was heartbreaking to watch the fires burning on the news everyday and watch the things people were doing to try to save their homes.

Sad that 4 miles away was a disappointment to the loving brothers. I'm sure they would have been thrilled to hear that it had already overtaken your home. Sickening.

Please keep us posted so we know you are o.k., I am truly sorry that you are going thru this. Even the prospect of evacuation must be devastating. We've got room in Ohio for you.

What would we do without worldly people to offer assistance in times of trouble?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ah, but if you said you'd start coming back to meetings and offered a sizable donation to the local hall, then they'd rediscover their agape love for you!

Good that you won't have to set foot in THEIR homes, should you need to evacuate. They probably think they can't trust you in their house while they're at the meeting.

Yes "worldly" people with their kindness and generosity are so disgusting, no wonder Jehovah is going to slaughter them all.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Your title can be read two ways: "Love the JW style!" or "Love: JW style." :-)

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Thanks for the concerns and prayers. We just had a new fire start in Stevenson Ranch, CA. I went to the top of the mountain and it is BAD. Fortunately it is on the other side of Santa Clarita. This city is literally surronded by fire. Last night it was difficult to breath.

28,000 acres and 25 structures destroyed.

We can see the smoke from the Buckweed fire, but still no flames. It is really an incredible sight to see flames 50'+.

I am fine, the wife and 13 YO are a wreck. Just left my neighbors in the street and helped them establish an evacuation line.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Looking at aircraft drop water, it does not make it to the ground. It vaporizes at 212 deg. These flames are much hotter than that.. Incredible sight.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I've been watching this off and on... it's horrifying! If you are surrounded by fire...how on earth will you escape if that becomes necessary?

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit