Love JW Style

by Save My Soul 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I've been watching this on TV and it's just horrible.

Sending out thoughts and prayers to Save My Soul and his family. I wonder if he's evacuated already.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Thanks for the concern all. Today we moved some things out to storage. Just in case. Also helped some neighbors. They had a mandatory evacuation for the adjacent mountain. A four lane street is the seperator. Kinda weird seeing a giant State Farm rig in the parking lot of the Albertson's grocery store. I am near the Buckweed fire. Fortunately the smoke is not that bad now.

Again, thanks for the concern from all. I have recieved many calls from worldly friends and co-workers. I would say 20-1. Evil worldly person vs. God's chosen witnesses. It is very important to cultiivate relationships with good people and not judge based on religion. I am glad I did. Many offered their homes to me and my family. People I know from ballet or my children's basketball team. Really strangers. So kind and sincere. Not conditional. We went to a neighbor's house this afternoon and helped out with some things for San Diego. Someone will try to take them to the stadium. Others will have items for this area, Santa Clarita. I can truly feel for those in Katrina.

Can you imagine the anguish of watching a fire come toward your home and you have too just wait. It was very depressing watching the news as well.

Kinda funny, they said FEMA was coming today to advise. Everyone said, Ohhh NO!!!! Not FEMA

You can never put a price on the love and concern from others, it is priceless.

Thanks again!!!!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Sounds like you've got plenty of help and support, but if you need another strong back to move things just let me know.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Thanks. I think of the conditional love of the witnesses and it's little value vs. the undying love from mankind. Many children are expected to volunteer to gain admission to a top college. This lays a foundation for the future. When I went to Los Angeles today, many were the same as before. When a problem does not affect you, people have the tendency to be non-chalant.

Being involved, just because and having emphaty is the character of incredible people. All of your kind words were EXTREMELY helpful. I never knew the power this simple gesture could have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit