Enough favorites! What did song/band did you HATE?

by JeffT 69 Replies latest social entertainment

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

I hate Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I hate hate hate singers who whine and have a hitch in their voice--Johnny Ray, Bobby Vinton, etc. Also the falsetto singers of the 50's.

Hate the Beach Boys.

Lonestar

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

"Feelings" by who knows whom

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Osmonds; The Partridge Family - David Cassidy

• Watkins
    Watkins

'Who are you' -

'Don't wanna miss a thing' is Aerosmith. I like the band, didn't like 'Jamie's Got a Gun' or 'Love in an Elevator' though.

'Feelings' is by the notorious Barry Manilow, lol.

Lol at CoCo -

I used to have to watch Lawrence Welk too - rofl! It's still on on Saturday nights on our local PBS station --- he must have a trust fund in place to make the show immortal, lol. I liked his funny accent, Hungarian? "Anna one-ah anna two-ah!" lol. My Mom loved the Lennon sisters & Joanne Castle's honky-tonk piano playing!

watkins

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

The Bethel Family sings selections from "Singing and Accompanying Yourselves with Music in your Hearts."

• undercover
    undercover

Disco sucks...

A band that I grew to hate over time because of all the hype... Nirvana. This is a band if their lead singer hadn't killed himself would have disappereared into obscurity as a small time band that had 15 minutes of fame. But because Cobain killed himself, all the angst-filled mopes that liked the Seattle grunge sound had to dub him as some kind of hero.

While legends like Morrison, Hendrix, Joplin, Moon, Bonham and Parsons are legends today partly because of their untimely demise, at least they had real talent and were revolutionaries in their time and place. Cobain is now a legend because of his last actions and not because he was a legendary musician. The Seattle grunge sound was not so revolutionary except to record corporations looking to make a buck. Pearl Jam is the only band from that scene that seems to be trying to make a difference (and that's still together). Look at the current crop of "new rock" bands inspired by the Seattle sound now getting all the radio airplay. Boring and uninspired. Maybe Cobain saw the future and realized he was going to be partly to blame for this new crop of shit music.

• avishai
    avishai

REO Speedwagon, Bob Seger.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Hate is a pretty strong word for me but I have to say I have no use for Techno Music. It's funny because I like everything from Rock to Country to some Rap to Classical to Jazz to Blues but I do not like any type of Techno.

Smiles

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Anything by Rush or those high pitched screamers. W.Once

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I hate Sting's voice. He sounds like someone's taken an oxy-acetylene torch to his testicles.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit