Enough favorites! What did song/band did you HATE?

by JeffT 69 Replies latest social entertainment

• Watkins
    Watkins

AC/DC - I HATE them! Always loved hard rock - but AC/DC is definitely like nails on a blackboard to me. It's not so much the debil-lovin' songs, lol, but the high-pitched sceaming, screeched-till-it's-hoarse whining lead vocals. I couldn't even enjoy some of the songs I might've liked except for that lead banshee's over-riding caucophany. (I know there were 2 leads - didn't like either of 'em, but the latter is the worst) I can't even stand it when one of their songs comes on the radio and I'm starting to get into the music before I realize it's them - I change the station! I just really, really, really do NOT like 'em, ya get it? lol. A couple years ago they were on SNL - eeeewwww! Oh yeah baby, I'm TNT, dy-no-mite! Jump on this ancient, ugly, beer-bellied, bow-legged, greasy-haired, drug-damaged, tone-deaf, hunk-a-hunk-a stinky rock'n'roll legend - yeeeeyooooowwww! How that old fart could keep a straight face while singing that I'll never know. I was embarrassed for them, really, wanted to die laughing but it was so so sad. They must be ill-managed and broke or why still be at it? They looked absolutely burned-out and arthritic. They suck big time in my book. (Oh, man - I liked Survivor! lol)

#2 is a country 'n' western song - don't know who sings it, but it's about a mom praying to God about her very ill little girl, pleading for Him to let her live because if she dies: "Who will hold her hand when she crosses the streets of Heaven?" I've never heard such a ridiculous, retarded premise for a song in my life, and I even know of a little ditty entitled "There's a Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road and It Stinks to High Heaven"!!!! It's SO stupid - like there are reckless speeding cars in heaven, mowing down hapless pedestrians? A drunk driver perhaps, or joy-riding punks? Absurd!Both thumbs down.

'Afternoon Delight' - Lol, forgot about that one - it must be # 4 on my most-hated list. #3 would be anything by Michael Bolton, eeewww.

You guys are funny and this is a fun thread. Thanks, I needed that!

watkins

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Loving You - Minnie Riperton. Gaaa....Like nails to a chalkboard.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Meat Loaf

The Tragically Hip

Oh yeah, and that James Blunt crap gets on my nerves!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

'i just died in your arms tonight'.....cutting crew -----hate it hate it hate it

anything by spandau ballet

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Anything by Fergie. She is proof that you need zero talent to get a recording contract.

Useless trivia:

She's on my Flashbeagle soundtrack - released in 1984. She did the voice for Charlie Brown's sister Sally.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Don't go Breakin my Heart....Elton John and KiKi someone

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

"everything I do I do it for you" from the Robin hood movie.

It was number one for so long, plus my neighbours had a big row once and the guy played it non-stop for 4 hours in the middle of the night to try and 'make up'

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Or anything else Michael Bolton has done

Hey! This tune's okay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72uh4u5WCw

He's a pretty decent guitar player.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

"I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" from the same band that did Dream On

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Lawrence Welk