My mother......sheesh!

by ex-nj-jw 29 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

That Richard Cranium is one smart dude! Enjoy your evening.

BFD

• reneef
    reneef

Oh the head games jws play! (((nj)))

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with such a phone call. You certainly gave your mom alot to think about. I hope she comes around.

Hugs for you!

LINDA

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I love you! I think you are a wonderful daughter, mother and wife; I hope your mom sees what an obnoxious 'religion' she is part of. You answered her beautifully and kindly. She sounds like my mom, only mine has NO kids or husband in the religion. She drinks alot.

I want a husband like yours who will comfort me with good food, alcohol and sex:) Ok, I can feed myself, don't drink much. . .but I think there is great value in a husband who will comfort you with sex! And turning the whole thing into a pleasure filled night is sweet. Enjoy.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    That Richard Cranium is one smart dude!

LOL, BFD he'll never live that one down He definately knows how to redirect my energy!

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    i think you got a good'un there nj.

Yup, I think I'll keep him! I just keep telling him that if he ever see's any signs of my mother in me, to slap the $#^& out of me! (not really just a figure of speach)

nj

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I know exactly what you are going through.
    My mom has given me a complete emotional roller coaster over the past few years. I found that I can't shut her out of my life but I can stop getting attached. I accept our relationship for what it is (you have too it sounds like). I struggled a lot with how to deal with her but I did find a peace to it eventually. I hope that comes to you too.

My mom is half way out of the org now. She left officially but is a little brainwashed. I hope this happens to you too.

One thing that really helped me was when I realized that I didn't need mom to be happy. In fact, when she was around, my life was probably a lot more hectic. Not "needing" her meant that I could be just as happy with or without her. I took it better as she came in an out of my life.

What helps me might not help you. I just wanted to share my experience hoping something would help.

Most of my acceptance is rather new to me too. I've just been ok with it all in the past couple of months.

Sending hungs,

Renee

• zack
    zack

Why don't you just quit taking her phone calls? I know it sounds like a simplistic answer, but she seems to want things HER way. You're a grown woman. Set the groundrules

for your own life. If she can't accept them, tell her to take a hike.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I am really sorry about your mom and your son. It sucks.

Now if I could just find myself a husband like yours - he's got the right answers for everything.

• changeling
    changeling

((((((((((((((((((((((ex-nj-jw)))))))))))))))))))))

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit