Do YOU Hate Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

thx :)

• Gregor
    Gregor

I don't think I hate this group of people, maybe few individuals in it. (Islamo-fascists might be the exception). In Germany during the Nazi years there were Germans and there were Germans who embraced the Nazi ideals. When posting here I try to distinguish between Jehovah's Witnesses and the WTB&TS. I hate the WTB&TS. I also hate Watchtower Nazis. We've all known some.

• *summer*
    *summer*

no, i don't hate them. hate does not get anybody anywhere. the state of our current world is a prime example of this. but just like tere1998 said...i feel sorry for them.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It took a while, but I no longer hate anyone. It's a powerful emotion that can adversely affect my health, and no one is worth that.

W

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

if you are burned by fire is it rational to hate fire because of your lack of skill or understanding? JWs are part of nature, forces of nature... not good nor evil until compared to something they are not. deception is a big part of nature, I am not supprized that humans are liars by nature for the most part (^_^)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Great comments, all. I like this comment about cults... [ Technically any group that you are a member of has cult like properties. Most cults in this context are harmless. The very nature of a group is that you trust other people. You rely on them and they rely on you. The group creates a social order where leaders lead and followers follow. It might be democratic or hierarchical. But you trust them and they trust you. The group becomes it's own entity. Almost like it is a life force of it's own. ] Excerpt from http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/cults/

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

No. The reason I feel this way is because TheWatchtower Society tries to strip the individual identity and distinctness of each person by the complete assimilation of the individual into a collective body. They have successfully accomplished this with most persons who become Jehovah's Witnesses. Others have escaped this coercion to be identified with a collective whole.

And so, I do not hate Jehovah's Witnesess. What is to be hated is the Watchtower's stripping the individuality's identity and distinctness and assimilating the individual into a collective body with no room for that person to have their own individuality. They must conform.

They has been done this to me for some 33 years, then I became my own person. My own individuality and distnctness broke free.

Blueblades

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

No, my own mother is still one.

The WTS, however, boils my blood in molten lead.

RD

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I hate myself for believing as long as I did.

• minimus
    minimus

I hate what JWs do to families. I hate their stupid blood policy. I hate their df'ing procedures. But I have an elderly "good" mom who happens to be a true believer. I couldn't hate her!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit