BB

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated

Any time ;)

Jackie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Ok, let's deal with the most important part!

what do i buy for xmas dinner?

It depends on how many people you're planning to feed. The more people, the more variety!

We usually have about 20 people for Christmas dinner. We'll have several appetizers, homemade soup, buns & butter, turkey, ham, cabbage rolls, spicy Hungarian sausages, veal cutlets, mashed potatos, gravy, salads, mixed veggies, squash, cranberry sauce, several cakes, a ton of homemade Christmas cookies, beer, wine, punch, hard liquor.

Then the fun starts. The kids fight over their new toys, the adults whine about their jobs, and I usually fall asleep in my chair.

W

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Follow their lead, watch and ask questions. Enjoy. Talk to others about their traditions and then come up with some of your own.

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz

Wow thats a lot of food! There will only be me, my man his mum and dad, and his brother and his wife at xmas dinner, and i think that will be at my in laws house. So i dont need to worry about cooking anything, just maybe what do i take? apart from alcohol. lol.

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz

Yesterday i bought my frist xmas tree decorations, and a star to go on the top!!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    just maybe what do i take?

Ask mom-in-law what she wants you to bring... easiest way to solve that problem, by far!

Yesterday i bought my frist xmas tree decorations, and a star to go on the top!!

I *love* decorating for Christmas. I have to have a real tree every year and lights on the house. Poor Mike is forced to go out the day after Thanksgiving every year and put them up no matter the weather. Everything goes up the day after Thanksgiving if possible because, well, I just can't wait any longer than that ;) Jackie

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I guess just follow their lead, even ask your Mum-in-law for some advice - that should get you right in there!

That's what I was going to say...Ask your m-i-l....she'll love being able to help you out and tell you what her son likes.

Also....when you're shopping in the Christmas section...just ask others. Most people love giving their opinion.

Because I never celebrated before I became an adult. I got to makeup tradtions as we've went along...and pass them on to my children and now grandchildren. It's even a family joke about things being "old family traditions"...even though we've only done it a few years.

Have fun...and enjoy!!

lisa

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz
    Because I never celebrated before I became an adult. I got to makeup tradtions as we've went along...and pass them on to my children and now grandchildren. It's even a family joke about things being "old family traditions"...even though we've only done it a few years.

Im sooo looking forward to that myself! I decided our tree would have a silver and green theme this year, but my man already saying most of his original ornaments are not silver or green, lol. Hes so Stingy, my first xmas and he wont buy me new baubles lol. Oh well looks like its gonna be my job to buy them hehe. And his original/traditional ones can go on too, is only fair, as i dont have any original ones to contribute!

BB

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

BB, it's our family's first Christmas too. My kids are 12, 9 and 2. I am so excited to start our own family's traditions. I was raised a JW so never had a Christmas before. My sister-in-law and her family have been helping me firgure it all out. The best advice she gave me is this: Let it be a chance to show those you love just how much they mean to you, whether that means a specific gift or not. And start your own traditions, they like to all watch movies all of Christmas Eve. Silly but they are a really close family. Her oldest still lives there with his wife and daughter, her second and her fiance are there every weekend, and the other two won't leave either. I figure she's doing something right.

Merry Christmas

Don't you love saying that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit