First Christmas...Help!

by BigBloomerz 24 Replies latest social family

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz

Ok so this will be the first xmas i have ever celbrated, i have no idea what to do, my man and his family are really into it and have traditions they have always kept to, and i love my new family and being involved in it all, but i havent a clue where to start! Who to buy what for, how much do i spend? what cards do i buy? what do i write in them? what do i buy for xmas dinner? so confusing! lol.

Any advice be grateful!

BB

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I guess just follow their lead, even ask your Mum-in-law for some advice - that should get you right in there!

Good luck - and Merry Christmas!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Ok so this will be the first xmas i have ever celbrated, i have no idea what to do, my man and his family are really into it and have traditions they have always kept to, and i love my new family and being involved in it all, but i havent a clue where to start! Who to buy what for, how much do i spend? what cards do i buy? what do i write in them? what do i buy for xmas dinner? so confusing! lol.

Buy what you think someone will love, within your budget. Buy cards you like or that you think they will like. A simple "Merry Christmas, BB" would suffice unless you wish to personalize and add more. Since his family has traditions already, are you certain you need to buy Christmas dinner? Perhaps you'll be eating at his family's house.

In the end, do what feels right and fun. Let people know this is your first Christmas and they will understand. Don't stress out about it, enjoy it for what it is... a time to spend with loved ones.

Jackie

• Clam
    Clam

Who to buy what for / That would be for you to decide based on your knowledge of that person and their own individual taste.

How much do i spend? / Whatever you can afford.

What cards do i buy? / Christmas Cards

What do i write in them? / Merry Christmas ( good at this aint I?)

What do i buy for xmas dinner? / Not sure about that. Maybe the readers can help.

Watchtower20Christmas20card.jpg picture by elvishimmler

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz

lol thanks Clam, by the way loving the postcard!

I know my man like s star wars and doctor who and that kinda of stuff, but i buy him presents regarding them quite a lot, i need something extra special, but not too special to go as far as saying will you marry me, thats not for xmas time! thats for next february lol.

BB

• noni1974
    noni1974

Make a budget and a list of people.Divide the budget up by how many people are on your list.

Most people spend about 20.00 to 25.00 on gifts for people like friends and even your boyfriends family.Make sure you get a gift for his Mom.Gift cards are great if you don't know what to buy for someone.Don;t feel the need to buy for every single person.Mainly his mom dad and brothers or sisters and their kids.Don't buy for cousins or aunts and unckels.You can't possiably buy for everyone.If people give you a gift and you didn't buy for them say thank you.If you buy for them and they don't give you anything don't take it personal.I promiss you they feel bad about it.Make sure you put gift tags on gifts with your name and the name of the person it's for.

Most of all try to think of the person your buying for when you buy.Try to get them something they will like.Don't take it personal if they don't ever use it.Remember to get gift reciets for the gifts you buy just in case it dosen't fit or they want a diffrent color.

Personally I would just get gift cards for your first Christmas.Put them in a card and sign your name to it.Just tell people it's your first time.Don't be affraid to ask either.Some people make wish lists.That could make it easier for you.Maybe you could talk to your Boyfriends Mom she might be able to help you.Or ask your BF.

Just some ideas.I'm not perfect at buying gifts myself and I've had almost 9 years practice at it.LOL

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Sometimes a fun gift is something to do together. For instance, you could buy tickets to an upcoming concert he would enjoy.

noni's suggestion of the gift cards can be good for people you don't know too well... but I always like to get a small something to go along with them... like nice warm fuzzy socks for the ladies.

Jackie

• noni1974
    noni1974

I hate buying for men.I never know what to get for them.

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz

Socks are always good, thanks! I like personalized things, they always seem like someone has gone to a bit more effort than normal. Will have to have a look at those websites that do personalizing gifts.

BB

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Will have to have a look at those websites that do personalizing gifts.

Lillian Vernon has some nice personalized things if you're looking to order online... and I've used them several times with no issues.

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit