Favourite Live Performer:

by Englishman 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

HS,

It was in the 60's that I first met Don Rendell, this was through Ron Darnell. Ron became a JW around then and gave up music to become a JW and worked as a foreman at a factory in Feltham. I was just a teenager then and Ron actually became my boss, working with Ron was my first job.

Sadly, Ron died in the 80's, but my Mum is still in contact with his wife and daughters.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I saw Macy Gray and Santana last year in concert. Great shows!

• Lesley
    Lesley

Englishman,

I love listening to Lesley Garrett although my husband and kids can't understand why! I just love opera music. Most people think I'm strange because of this so I don't always like to admit it!

Lesley

• DIM
    DIM

"I just saw Sigur Ros for the first time on HBO's Reverb...holy cow!"

Mike -

you should check out their albums......very good stuff. their most recent cd is available in most stores, and some of their older stuff can be found at http://www.badtaste.dk

If you like Coldplay, I suggest checking The Chameleons (or The Chameleons UK as they are known in this country). Incredible stuff.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Teena Marie--5 ft tall with a voice that will knock you out.
    Recently saw her at The House of Blues (Chicago)she still rocks!

Prince--best live show I ever saw

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Mr Moe,

I have seen The Cure and they are awesome. I had heard all the tales about 3hr gigs, but I wasn't sure if they were just apocraphal.

Well I can tell you they are not.

There was no support. 8.00pm on the dot on stage 11.05pm finished.

And what a gig for the fans. With nearly 20 albums they could have just trotted out the singles, but no, classic album track after classic album track.

When they did "Prayers for rain" off "Disintegration" my all time fave, my wife had to restrain me!!

Other favourites: Sting
    U2 (I saw the Joshua Tree Tour too. One week B4 the DA at the same stadium!)
    Eurhythmics. '86 Revenge Tour. Brilliant.

And finally if you ever get the chance to see this guy, and he is still touring/recording, go, he is unbelievable. GARY NUMAN.

• DIM
    DIM

pubsinger -

We saw the CURE last year too....I'm not too fond of anything after WISH, but I must admit that they put on an amazing show. I never thought I'd get hear "cold" live! Amazing!

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i saw the cure live way back when i was in highschool..awesome show!

hey sunspot, great stories!! yes that would have been john fishman. very cool! and the show your friend saw is the great two day fest they would end their tours with in vermont. lucky lucky! they are taking a haitus from touring, bummer for the fans but prolly great for them. my dream is to see phish on tour in europe, i hope they start to tour again. the coolest thing about phish is their HUGE phan base with hardly any radio play.

unclepenn, you mentioned moe. i've seen them twice at a club here called First Avenue...both shows excellant! i bought a great long sleeved t-shirt with a beautiful butterfly on it also, which phish shows did you go to (venues)? i've been to shows at alpine valley, deercreek and chicago multiple times on summer tour and for fall i've seen them here in minneapolis (great seats, right behind the stage..wonderful view!) and in madison WI. doncha just love road trippin' to phish shows??

one thing i'll always regret is deciding to wait to see the grateful dead. i could have gone to the second to last show in chicago with some friends but i told myself i'd catch them next year. big mistake...there was no next year. i'm hoping to catch a further festival one of these summers.

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• openminded
    openminded

Hmmm- your a guy? I not sure if even I am openminded enough to go with a guy to Sade.

Nickleback is coming to town next week. Maybe that would be a little less awkward. -OM

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

DIM

Hi! Where did you see them?

I saw them at Sheffield Arena UK.

I think "Kiss me, Kiss me Kiss me" is my fave Cure CD. Post-Wish I really like "Wild Mood Swings" and I loved "Bloodflowers" from last year.
    And "Head on The Door" and "Disintegration" and "The Top" and . . . on and on . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit