Favourite Live Performer:

by Englishman 67 Replies latest jw friends

• JBean
    JBean

Oh... and another: Prince (yes, my tastes vary!)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I've only been to three live performances.

James Taylor (Millennium concert)
    The Judds (reunion concert, Raleigh NC)
    Reba McEntire(Fancy, was way cool)

Of these three, the Judds were my favorite. I just love their song, Grandpa, reminds me of my own grandfather. I was forth row center and even got to shake Wy's hand and say hello's.

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

jan! you saw lou reed?!?!? i'm so jealous

• sf
    sf

Angus Young live is extremely orgasmic and will screw with your equalibrium the rest of the night. I will never forget AC/DC in concert that night in Irvine. I had a total out of body experience that night.

sKally

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Englishman,

Bands still alive: Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

Jim Morrison and the Doors, I have a copy of the first digital recorded concert from the Hollywood Bowl in 1968, when they were at their peek. Bands refused to sign up with them in the early days because the Doors blew everyone away.
    Rex

• Mulan
    Mulan

We've seen Neil Diamond quite a few times, but the last time he wasn't that great. Sad to see him really losing his voice. But he puts on a great show, and has a fantastic orchestra. I love his songs. After an hour of struggling with his voice, it isn't too bad, and is clearer. At first, though, it is real gravelly. In the old days, he wasn't like that. Everyone ages, I guess.

Also Reba McEntire. She had a broken leg when we saw her at the Tacoma Dome back in '96 I think. But it was still a great show. She had a moveable chair, on a conveyor type thing, and was all over that stage anyway.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

I saw the Ventures at the Palimino
    in the Valley.

Saw Van Helen before they hit it
    big at the Golden Bear in
    Huntington Beach.

Its nice to be in the first few rows
    of a live performance.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I once went to a David Essex concert. But in my defence I was only about 10 and too young to know any better.

There are loads of people I'd love to see, but thats the only concert I've ever been too

Although we did go to see Les Miserables which was brilliant.

Edited for my hopeless spelling

• roybatty
    roybatty

U2 (The Joshua Tree tour was awesome)
    Bruce Springsteen (Not the greatest singer but the Born in the USA tour was powerful)
    Gordan Lightfoot....NOT!!!! :)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

RUSH was a pretty good concert. Would have loved to see the Grateful Dead before the demise of Garcia, but alas...are we sticking to Musical performers on this? Oh, I saw John Michael Talbot on the religious music side, that was pretty cool too.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit