My aunt

by coffee_black 22 Replies latest social family

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz

Make the most of the time you think you have left together. I lost my mum at the age of 16, I regret everyday things i said or didnt say. Be honest with her, tell her how much you love her, Make Every Day Count.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

((((Coffeblack)))) I'm glad you have been there for your aunt. The end is never easy, yet you will get through it. You have the support of all here to help if you need to 'talk . Zazu

• V1710
    V1710

your aunt is my thoughts and prayers.

jeanette

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

an update.

The doctor still doesn't know what is wrong after blood tests and MRI. Back to the doctor on Monday.... Today she fell. She didn't have the strength to get up, so she fell asleep on the floor. She has not been able to keep any food down for the past few days... There is a daily decline at this point. She's a tough cookie though...still talks about going back to work.... but no one thinks that will happen. We all think the doctor will put her in the hospital when she sees him on Monday. She can't be left alone any more...not after the fall today....

Coffee

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ms. Coffee,

I'm sorry to hear about this decline in your aunt's health. You gotta admire her spirit though:

She's a tough cookie though...still talks about going back to work

I admire that she's not giving in! What a fireball.

Stay strong for her.

• hubert
    hubert

Coffee, sorry to hear your aunt isn't doing well. I'll have the wife pray for her. It can't hurt.

(((((((Coffee)))))))

Hubert and wife

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Relish these moments with your aunt. Rapid loss of Weight in such a short period of time is not good. She sound like an awesome lady!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

updating.... Her doctor put her in the hospital today to do a battery of tests. She is upbeat, but very weak and confused. Her doctor was alarmed by her decline in the couple of weeks since he saw her last...

It's been a long day.

Coffee

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Spend time with her and alert anyone who doesn't know that she may not pull out of this.

Cherish your memories of her.

My grandmother went into the hospital and I knew enough about what was going on to
    know that the doctor was refraining from giving out complete information. He kept saying
    that she would get better. I called the entire family to visit her in intensive care, because
    I was sure she would pass away. I visited nearly everyday for 2 weeks and other family
    members were there everyday. The last few days, she couldn't communicate and then
    she died.

The worst that happens when everybody visits is that the patient thinks they are dying.
    If you get everyone to come, tell everyone not to be so sure that she is dying in front of her.
    Hold the tears for outside the room. If she pulls through, no harm.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((coffee_black)))

keeping you all in my thoughts. Try to stay upbeat with and for her, and as others have said, cherish these days - may there be some joyful ones.

Oh the sweet paradox of life...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit