My aunt

by coffee_black 22 Replies latest social family

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My 85 year old aunt, who has worked every day up until 2 weeks ago is very ill. She has been losing weight for about 6 months, (without trying) but for the past month it has really accelerated. My cousin finally got her to go to the doctor , and there will be lots of tests to find the cause. She had lung cancer 12 years ago and has had a clean bill of health ever since... until now. She's shaking, can barely walk. She doesn't complain... and she's not one to run to the doctor with every ache and pain...she has just always been very independent.

She is a wonderful person. She and my grandmother studied with my mother with the hopes of getting her out of the organization. She is the only one of my mother 's sisters (there were 9 girls) that I was close to growing up because of the religion. I live with my cousin, and my aunt lives in a tiny detached house on the property.

I have this awful feeling that she is not long for this world. It just doesn't look good. This is pretty sudden...as I said, she was still working up until 2 weeks ago. My cousin is a basket case... she's an only child. My aunt has lived a long healthy life...and I don't want to lose her..

Lots of pain this week.

Coffee

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Stay as strong as you're able for both your Aunt & your cousin. Enjoy these last days.

I wish I had my loved one's recipes, family tree, etc. I lost my mother suddenly, and was not able to get it. Use these last days.

Most of all, tell your Aunt everything you said above.

Finally, put a little rum in the coffee, just for these few weeks.

Skeeter

• *summer*
    *summer*

(((Coffee)))

Love & prayers sent your way...

• erynw
    erynw

My thoughts are with you and your family.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Sending out my concern and lots of hugs.

Renee

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

For an 85 year-old to be working up to two weeks ago says a lot about her character as well as her stamina...she must be quite a woman. I have a few relatives in her age range... one has been ill for the past two years and also doesn't have long for this life. It's tough to see them suffer so long. When my time comes, I would rather prefer to be like your aunt - going strong until I'm called back "home". It sounds like your cousin is going to need some shoulders to help her get through the 'change' that is coming into her life. May the Good Lord bless and keep you.

D.E.

• JulieM
    JulieM

(((CoffeeBlack)))

Thinking of you

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks for all of your concern. For the moment all is quiet.

Coffee

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((((((((((coffee)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'll keep the positive thoughts coming your way!

nj

• *summer*
    *summer*

today is a brand new day. praying that all remains quiet...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit