My aunt

by coffee_black 22 Replies latest social family

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

An update:

They are sending her home today. She has refused any more tests.. they wanted to send her to Boston for more testing and she said no. She's had enough. They believe she has lymphoma, but they are not 100% sure. She just wants to be at home.

We're not sure how this will work. She can't be alone because she in unstable on her feet and falls easily....but they couldn't keep her in her bed even in the hospital. We all work, and there will be times during the day when she will be alone...which can't happen. To top it all off, I'm violently allergic to one of her cats. (my eyes turn blood red and swell nearly shut when I'm in her house for more than 10 minutes.) So we have to explore solutions for this....

I've been at a huge trade show this week in Boston for most of this week...really long days.... been talking so much I've almost lost my voice.

Coffee

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

CoffeeBlack,

Can you guys get her into hospice or home health care? Hospice will usually only take a patient if they are at "end of life", they provide comfort care to the patient which allows them to remain at home. It doesn't sound like your aunt is at this point yet but it may not be a bad idea to at least get a consult and maybe they can direct your family to some other services. At the least she will already be in the system when it is needed. In our area we have an organization called Senior Connection, they are very good at assessing a patients needs and providing assistance in obtaining services. See if you have something like that in your area.

I'm sorry you and your family are having to deal with all of this and my thoughts go out to you. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Does allergy medication help with you cat allergy? I have a really bad reaction to cat's myself but if I take medication before going around them I can usually do ok for a couple of hours.

nj

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Not long ago, my aunt (age 85) was at deaths' door....we all thought. She went back to work yesterday...and today...and she's feeling great! Unbelievable. If I hadn't seen this with my own eyes, I would not have believed it.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit