bible study...

by *summer* 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *summer*
    *summer*

had weekly bible study today. so confused. ready to give up on everything...everything:-(

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

You are doing the right thing, Hon. You are doing your homework. This is one of the most important things you could ever do, because once you dedicate yourselves to the Witnesses (and yes, that is what they say for baptism, you dedicate yourself to the Witnesses, not to Jesus, and not to Jehovah) turning back brings no end of pain (as you can see from the stories told here.)

Keep on readin', Woman, keep on readin'.

The irony is... do your homework now, Love... because if you decide to join them... you can never rely on your own research again.

Love, strength, and wisdom to you...
    Baba.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ready to give up on everything...everything:-(

Don't give up on yourself. Don't give up on everything. Just stop the
    study. You are free to tell them the absolute truth or nothing at all.
    Find real answers where you need to go, but not with Witnesses.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Giving up on studying with the JW's doesn't mean giving up on God.

That HO of a cult will tell you it is the same, though.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Baba Yaga, is right, once you get Baptized that organization owns you.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Was it a "Bible" study or a Study of a Book?

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Confused? Hey....write down EVERY single question you have, and INSIST...they give you an answer. "If in doubt, leave it out"...thats my philosophy. In other words, if you don't like what you hear, then it's not meant to be. And you may never hear the right thing or what you want to hear.

I had doubts 30 years long and finally made it out. I only stayed in because I felt I should, but didn't listen to my brain & heart that said, "This isn't right! Get out!"

If you want to be controlled, brainwashed, keep studying.

LINDA

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You are right to be confused .....What rational person would not be confused by a God who is both the embodiment of love and threatening to slaughter billions of innocent people? Or by an end time that has stretched (by current teaching) since 1914. ie 93 years and counting ??

The truth (small t) should be clear and straightforward - it should strike you in the heart so you shout "Yessss !" I just know that's right...

If this does not do that , maybe the answer is that it is not The Truth at all

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

watch out for the pressure after a while and them saying " you know the truth now and you know what jehovah expects you to do you need to start attending the meetings".Cause thats what they did with me and i wish i had told them where to go and shove it.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

*Summer*...they are good at getting some things so close to the "truth" it is mind boggleing....and they do have some things right. However the best LIE is one that resembles the truth. It is easy to be confused.....Why do you think there are so many JW's and X-JW's?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit