bible study...

by *summer* 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *summer*
    *summer*

A heartfelt 'thank you' to all who took time to reply on this board, as well as privately.

God bless~

• tere1998
    tere1998

Don't give in to guilt. They are so good at that. And the threat of dying at Armageddon. Do what you think is right and stand up for what you believe in.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Your baptize to an org not to God, and the borg does not recognize other religious baptizims. So is for God or org that one commits themselves too? If its to God then it doesnt matter what org you belong to.

• JulieM
    JulieM

"summer", it's not a bible study, and I don't know how they dare call it one, though I used to. It's merely a study of one of their books specifically designed to indoctrinate you as quickly as possible. I should know, I was a pioneer fro 7 years, and conducted a few such studies. Do they get you reading the book passages out loud? That's an indoctrination trick, things sink in better when you do that.

The best thing you can do for your own sake is stop now before you make a definite commitment. If you get baptised, I guarantee you'll regret it one day.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Something good to remember:

"life's about the journey not the destination"

If you learn to be content at learning a bit by bit as the days go by you will be a much happier person. When I was in the JWs i couldn't handle all of the things i had to process and i was mentally exhausted. I have learned how to be less demanding on what I 'need' to know.

• *summer*
    *summer*

again, thank you all. you all speak from experience and it shows. yes, i now know with certainty that if i choose to get baptised, i will live to regret it dearly. so, guess what??? i will NOT choose to get baptised:-) but now, all this has left me kinda deflated...feeling lost...without direction. i am only grateful that i stumbled upon this site at the right time.

• ninja
    ninja

I know somebody really called summer.....from hawaii

• *summer*
    *summer*

i wish my real name was summer:-)

• ninja
    ninja

he's quite embarrassed about it

• ninja
    ninja

kidding .....its a girl....he he