bible study...

by *summer* 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *summer*
    *summer*

you are a funny ninja~

• AccurateKnowledge
    AccurateKnowledge

Summer: Can I ask, which Watchtower book(s) were they studying with you? (For me it was "Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life" but that was awhile ago...) best, Dave

• *summer*
    *summer*

Dave...

I studied "Knowledge that Leads to Eternal Life" years ago, circa 1978 {called the 'blue' book at the time} When I returned to a study about one year ago, they started me with "What does the Bible Really Teach" And I am now currently studying out of "Worship the Only True God"

• *summer*
    *summer*

Ooppss...yes, it should read "Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life" Pardon my french

• AccurateKnowledge
    AccurateKnowledge

Thanks Summer, that's interesting. Still learning what the current preferred book is... Of course, what all the books seem to share in common is scripture twisting...

• bite me
    bite me

Hey, I read somewhere (I haven't read around this site much so I don't know if it was here or on a website somewhere), but does anyone have the questions that is asked of jw's just as they are ready to be baptised? I printed it out at the time I found it, but now I don't know what happened to it. I do recall that you are pretty much submitting to the organization rather than God. I also remember reading something that before 1975 you actually were submitting to God. Can someone please clearify that?

Thanks!

• *summer*
    *summer*

Hopefully I am providing with the right answer...

1. On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

2. Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

• *summer*
    *summer*

Ooppss...forgot one part of the question. I believe this link will be more helpful to you...

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk

• *summer*
    *summer*

sorry for the confusion...my fingers are faster than my mind today!

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/baptism_questions.html

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Unless your willing to make yourself a controlled slave to those corrupt businessmen in New York, do not get baptized.

Why would any one with a clear and honest conscience do something like that anyways.

Like someone has already has said they will consider you a piece of their property

and will use you to make money for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit