fader's wife expresses 1st doubts....

by sweet pea 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

What else is out there? YOU can never do enough research on what you thought you knew about the bible. The Jehovah's Witnesses twisted our concepts about everything! First one is shocked! now what? Now there is a true relationship between you,Jehovah,and Jesus with NO MIDDLE MAN! Example of research; 1914, wrong! Daniels wrong can not write themselves into Daniel's prophecy, Michael the archangel wrong because Jesus was made higher than the angels, the 144,000 as the only ones to partake wrong, why? because there is no NT scripture gospel that says on a few can partake.

The right is developing you own relationship with Jehovah and not a man made religion.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnessism is just a reality escape. When Witnesses ask: "Where else can we go?", they are asking "How else can we avoid looking at reality?".

Where else can we pursue a selfish self centered obsession of avoidance of reality to the detriment of ourselves and everybody around us?

For me, the core problem is theism. Witnessism is just the context.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    A million other things.

Journey on that is a great answer. There is just so much to do unencombered by all the Watchtower indoctrination sessions.

There are 30,000 Christian sects, so the chance of anyone finding the 'where else' is virtually impossible if a person thinks that there must be just one true religious organization. But there is always life, and that is far better.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Classic riposte by dubs when tackled about beliefs, " OK then , what is your solution? " followed by "You haven't got one have you, all you can do is tear down and put nothing in its place?"

Why do we have to pretend to know all the answers? Life is a journey of finding out, perhaps we never will for sure.. I am glad your friend is starting to question it

• lesterd
    lesterd

WHO told us there wasnt any thing else out there??? To what end??? To keeps us THERE.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

What else is out there? Whatever you want to make of it.

• JulieM
    JulieM

sweet pea, I was asking myself that a few months ago. In fact, I've been asking it most of my adult life.

It sounds like she might be getting a bit disillusioned, and who wouldn't - if she's been a JW for a long time, maybe all her life, and hoping for the new system which shows no sign of coming, that's cause enough for disillusionment.

As for answering it, I was never able to until I was finally willing to look beyond the organisation, and I've found far more happiness outside the JWs in a few months that I did in 36 years in. As for spiritual things, that's a little complicated right now, but I'll deal with that in time.

I think if I was aked that question now, I'd say freedom like I've never known before.

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Not a "what", but a "who".

John 6: 68 Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."

John 14: 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus Christ.

• willyloman
    willyloman

journey-on's list is terrific; I would just add this to it:

Not having to judge every person you meet.

• yknot
    yknot

I think Megsmomma and Sacchiel have the most honest answer regarding the upbuilding of knowledge.

But I believe her question was about fellowship. We are social creatures. I want my children to be around other children with parents of similar beliefs. We all know there are not many other religions that hold the doctrines of no, trinity, immortality of soul, hell, Jesus pre-human existance, save the Bible Students, but they are not local to many and the Pyramidology thing is really 19th-century passe (along with invisible parousias). So in that sense "where do we go" is a great question!

One that I don't have the answer to but am searching for.

I think we want a JW like-religion that is simple, perhaps primative and solely based on the bible, with room for reasonable disagreement of interpretation. That had youth programs like we see in other denominations like, kids bible study(I attended a kids bible study/tms back in 1976-1981) , choir, drama, a playground, scheduled playdates by age, cool stuff that encouraged a "Godly Focus", Putt-putt golfing tournaments...................................................................Yea I know ..NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit