Well, Trev is ill now!

by iamfreenow 30 Replies latest jw friends

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

But it isn't too serious. at least I don't think so.

He has a flu-like illness and feels pretty awful. By his own admission, he's been neglecting himself these last few months, and I think with all the stres he's been under that perhaps his immune system is very low. He looks pretty awful as well, like he's had all the blood drained out of him.

Even so, he was going to get on with the things he needs to do today, at least until I intervened. We got a call from his friend this morning that both him and Julie have managed to get short notice leave from tomorrow for the rest of the week, and they are quite happy to make arrangements for him. I sent him back to bed, after a short argument, during which I used a very rare for me mild swearword, which let him know I was serious, and got him some patent medicines from the chemist.(the word was "bugger", used in context with the conversation of course) He's there now, fast asleep. I think what might have ultimately swayed it was that I have hidden his car keys, so he can't go anywhere anyway, or at least anywhere far. To be honest, he looks on the verge of collapse, and bed is the best place for him.

Don't worry about him though, we'll look after him, and make all the necessary arrangements, which I'll post later, between us. Julie and Gareth will be here by around 6:30, so we can delegate the tasks then.

Marion

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Marion, you are a God sent. We are all glad you are there for him. We hope he'll get better real soon. This whole ordeal has been such a major stress factor, as it is for everyone who loses a loved one. Please give him a hug for us and we will say our prayers on his behalf!

LINDA

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Marion,

Please give Trev a big hug from me. I haven't been on line all weekend so I'm just getting updated. Tell him my heart and thoughts go out to him. Also, tell him he'd better take care of himself and that I said "don't make me come there"

I'm glad he has you guys there to help him out, If you or he needs anything please don't hesitate to PM me!

nj

• snowbird
    snowbird

You are a wise and true-blue friend, Marion.

Rest is the best. Can his doctor prescribe a mild sedative to help get him through?

Men can be so hard-headed. Tell him not to make me come across the Big Water and go oomph up side it!

My heart is with you and him.

Sylvia

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi ((((((((Marion)))))))))

I think with all the stress he's been under that perhaps his immune system is very low.

I'd say you were spot on with your assessment. Trouble is, Trev will not be truly ok until sometime after the funeral. Only then will he start to be like his old self again, but he will obviously have a permanent ache in his heart.

I'm so relieved you and his other friends are there for him - as we are on JWD.

Love,

Ian

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow
    Men can be so hard-headed

Yes Sylvia, can't they just!

It wasn't easy to get him to listen to me, but once he saw how determined I was, he gave in, especially when I reminded him that he can't drive his car without keys! I have them in a safe place, he won't find them, though he's ok'd Jule using his car if she needs to, which will please her immenslely, she drove it back from the hospital on Saturday, and now wants one like it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

From what you have said on earlier threads it isn't surprising that his body put off put off his getting sick until now.

Lots of rest (or as much as he can) and some good old fashioned chicken soup might do him wonders

• Mary
    Mary
    Don't worry about him though, we'll look after him, and make all the necessary arrangements, which I'll post later, between us. Julie and Gareth will be here by around 6:30, so we can delegate the tasks then.

Thank God you guys are there for him.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Get well soon, Trevor... heal and find strength. Love to you, Marion.

Love,
    Baba.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Marion...

Yes indeed, Trevor's immune system has shut down for a while. Normal under the circumstances. Even after the funeral, he will go through different stages of mourning. But it is said that angels come in different shapes and forms. And from what I gather, he has many angels watching over him:-) Make sure you also take good care of yourself, Marion.

Love & prayers sent your way...

Francine~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit