help needed. God of OT vs God of NT

by why144000 17 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

There are as many explanations as there are dogmas.

We cannot KNOW the answer. We can only BELIEVE we know the answer.

What if....just what if....The Divine gave the jurisdiction of earth including its inhabitants to

a god called Jehovah with the mandate to perfect it. So, he goes about his attempt to "perfect" it

his own way. He sets up some rules and regulations and Law. Then, he proceeds to demand

everyone follow them or else. Get rid of the sinners who won't follow his rules! Destroy anybody that dares to buck

his system! Mete out punishment in the harshest of ways to discipline them and hone them and mold

them into submission. Time out! The Divine calls Jehovah back home and tells Him he has failed to perfect

Mankind and instead has wreaked havoc on Earth's inhabitants. So the Divine sends in another one of his sons (gods),

and has him enter the realm of mankind through some sort of procedure whereby when he is born, he has to grow up

human. He develops compassion and understanding at Man's plight. He learns to love and care for this creation known

as Man. He implements the way of peace and love and living in harmony with your neighbor, even your enemies. His way

is not harsh and demanding, but compassionate and hopeful.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

This post may contain unpopular opinions. Viewer discretion is advised.

-Jesus said once about the pharisees (paraphrasing here) "Do what they teach, but not what they do, for they teach one thing and do another."

Let's see here; same God in NT as OT:

Old testament: "And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. | And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. | And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses." (Numbers 15:32,35,36)

He was probably gathering sticks for firewood, something which could be considered necessary. But - he probably did it deliberately, defiantly, to spite God? Knowing the law, why the heck would he risk his life for sticks of wood?

New testament:"On a Sabbath, while he was going through the grainfields, his disciples plucked and ate some heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands. | But some of the Pharisees said, “Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?” | And Jesus answered them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: | “how he entered the house of God and took and ate the bread of the Presence, which is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those with him?” | And he said to them, The Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.” " (Luke 6:1-5) "And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)

Basically - The disciples steal corn to eat (I'm assuming the grain field belonged to someone?), and did so on the sabbath no less. "I'm the Son of Man - I can do whatever I want." is what I see here. Guess he was right about that. "We were hungry, so there's nothing wrong with taking food and eating it on the sabbath then." Gathering firewood to cook food however... As for David, we all know all the stuff he got away with. Quickie: NT: "Turn the other cheek - love your enemies" OT: "You touched my coffin (ark)?? I'll fry you on the spot!" I guess "new light" isn't a JW invention. The laws of the OT are after all 'old light', while the teachings of Jesus is 'new light'. Christians will often say when confronted by the harshness of the OT: "Well - you don't know much; the law is not in effect anymore for Christians." Well, that's fine and dandy, but isn't that kinda like a JW saying "Well - you don't know much; we haven't taught that since the fifties." It severely affected the lives of those who lived under the 'old light' in both cases. Sorry.

• snowbird
    snowbird

NUMBERS 15:27 And if one person sin unwittingly, then he shall offer a she-goat a year old for a sin-offering. 15:28 And the priest shall make atonement for the soul that erreth, when he sinneth unwittingly, before Jehovah, to make atonement for him; and he shall be forgiven. 15:29 Ye shall have one law for him that doeth aught unwittingly, for him that is home-born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. 15:30 But the soul that doeth aught with a high hand, whether he be home-born or a sojourner, the same blasphemeth Jehovah; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15:31 Because he hath despised the word of Jehovah, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks upon the sabbath day. 15:33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 15:34 And they put him in ward, because it had not been declared what should be done to him. 15:35 And Jehovah said unto Moses, The man shall surely be put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him to death with stones; as Jehovah commanded Moses.

I think a high hand is the key here.

Sylvia

• Marie-Devine
    Marie-Devine

Here is power to come into agreement:

Jesus Christ is the Word of God, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. There has been a great ignoring of that truth. There is only one God, the same, yesterday, today and forever. All that God does is in love for us... even the most severe "punishments" or "trials". They were to show people that turning away from God's word has severe consequences.... so we will choose Him and He can walk among us and be our God. Our strict father is a loving father who wants to protect us by His word that He sent to keep us in the true way of safety and provision. Our world is about to turn, if we want it to.

The Catholic Church took away all things of the old testament. Jesus was obedient to the old testament unto death and was made perfect "under the law". He said to follow Him. All things of the old testament must be restored before Jesus returns bodily..( and are in the process of being restored now).

Go to http://www.forthedivineway.com for more precise facts as to how world problems are solved by turning back to following the old testament as Jesus did, not as the religious leaders had changed the meaning by their practices. It is the same now: as Jesus said, they say and do not. In every pulpet, of all sects you will hear the truth, but the leaders do not follow the old testament part.

The Law for the promised land is the law: Torah- the five books God gave to Moses. They will be our law for our promised land.

This letter shows how having both the old testament and the new allows us to gather the nations as God promised. Jesus said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word out of the mouth of God.

Dear Friend Thought you would appreciate this and multiply it. Reuben is in Iraq. God does have solutions when the people are ready. God Bless You, Marie October 10, 2007 Dear Reuben, God bless you as you go through these trials. I know they must be difficult. Be encouraged; God does have a solution and a way to bring all troops home honorably ... and to win the war on terror... so all are happy about it. I attend the Seventh Day Adventist Church four blocks from my home because I have no church that observes Torah, Prophets and Gospel in my area and they are the closest to it. I am a strong follower of Jesus Christ (Isa in the Quran), but he followed the Torah (five books of bible, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) and the Prophets. He said "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God." He also said "I did not come to destroy the Law (Torah) or the Prophets, but I come to fulfill" That means that those things the prophets wrote concerning him, he accomplished (fulfilled), but God said "not to add to nor diminish" from His word. This is important, because it is part of the solution. God's solution and part of my story are at: type all: http://www.forthedivineway.com Truth breaks down errors...lies.... Muslims expect that truth will win the victory; it is written in the Quran. All religions have received lies...errors that must be corrected. Lies from religious leaders create violence and continue violence from both sides Truth that end the lies and creates peace include: Allah means "the God" in Arabic. God told Moses "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob; ...that is My name and My memorial forever." Exodus 3:6, 15, 16 Allah is the God Jesus worshiped. Quran 42:14 The primary message of the Quran is to follow the full Bible of 600+ AD. It was a corrective message for Christians to follow the Torah, Prophets and the Gospel. It was a message for the Jews to follow the Prophets and the Gospel. To unbelievers, it was another witness God sent to confirm that the Bible should be followed in truth. SADLY, NEITHER CHRISTIAN, JEWS, NOR MUSLIMS ARE FOLLOWING THE BIBLE IN FULL. Many Quran and Bible links are in the web site. Another important truth: The Quran points to following the Bible. It does not contain the Bible or replace the Bible. Reading any part of the Bible confirms this. For Christians and Jews: the Gospel or New Testament does not replace the "Old Testament". The New Testament, is a new testimony through Jesus Christ that God's word through His prophets before are true in the rest of the Bible and we should live by them. All Muslims sects have the same word through Muhammad. The numbering is slightly different in each. But another error is in saying Quran 7:156-159 says to follow the prophet Muhammad, In a clear reading, the prophet is saying to follow another, the one written in the Torah and Gospel. That would be Isa, son of Mary.. Jesus Christ. STRATEGY: Give this web site address to MANY IRAQI people. This message will be a joy for them. Get your commanders to use this web site address as one of his weapons to fight them, but also to fight the evil in us. This will not be establishing a religion, because there are thousands of religions that believe in the HOLY BOOKS FROM GOD. Get your commanders to order these weapons: English-Arabic translations of the King James Bible and the Quran... both without commentary. Distribute them to Iraqi families. They will take them, if only to help them learn English. Distribute them also to the US TROOPS British etc. When the Muslims know you intend to read the Quran, they will have respect for you and most fighting will stop if you stop your aggression... because the Quran commands that when your aggression stops, they are commanded to stop and forgive. NOTE: There are errors in the Quran. Don't fear them or argue them; the truth that point to Jesus Christ (Isa) as the prophet to be followed and the truth of the Bible will overshadow any error. When people refused to believe, God allowed error it come in. FEAR NOT. It is correction that God wants for all... It must come for peace to come, not only in Iraq, but Afghanistan, Israel, and Palestine.. The way is prepared. God's truth is His power. He cannot lie. Great destructions are promised upon the wicked and we all must be careful that we do not fall in the category of those wicked people who refuse to follow His word... including His holy Sabbaths as written in Exodus 20. God Bless You All, Marie Devine, 3023 Montgall Av, Kansas City, MO 64128 USA http://www.forthedivineway.com

• r.a.m.
    r.a.m.

Bi-polar is a lie.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

great post Awakened07!

you make a lot of sense

The Oracle

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Could people please add their examples of the bi-polar view of the God of the NT vs the God of the OT.

If there is a God and you try to understand him via the bible. I am pretty sure he will turn out bipolar.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

(Exodus 21:23-25) 23 But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 branding for branding, wound for wound, blow for blow.

(Matthew 5:38-39) 38 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39 However, I say to YOU: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him. . .

Lore - What.Would.Satan.Do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit