I just gave 2 Mormon Elders Hell!

by smellsgood 31 Replies latest jw friends

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

"He's full of crap. The Mormon's believe that the cursing of Canaan, not Cain, was justification for the black race to be enslaved because the bible said "Cursed be Cannan.....let him become the lowest slave to his brother."

Trouble is, the black race did not decend from Canaan----they decended from Cush. The decendents of Canaan became, guess what? Canannites! Therefore, their 'biblical support' of this stupid doctrine of theirs is null and void. Much like the rest of their teachings when examined closely."

Mary, all I can do is LOL about this! Not only is there no justification for it Biblically apparently or otherwise, even if you rub two brain cells together, but he didn't even get his Church's defense of the idiotic doctrine. I'm sorry, I dunno who can possibly defend this whatsoever. Jesus IS quite nice and WHITE on the cover of the "Restoration" booklet they gave me. Yeah. A man from Palestine two thousand years ago. A whitey!

I guess it all comes down to people will believe anything, I guess being incredibly outlandish and absurd doesn't give people pause. *sigh*

• The Oracle
    The Oracle
    I agree that the LDS members can be just as deluded as JWs, but I have to give their church one bit of credit. . .as well as the membership overall. They do not quash questioning to the extent that the JWs do. Yesterday at their LDS thrift store, Deseret Industries, I came across a book about LDS websites. It did NOT discourage research. It was strong on apologetic sites, but was not shy about directing them to opposing sites. The supportive websites addressed the questions of Xtians and opposers. So, I would not say that LDS folks are really any more deluded than any other religion. They pick and choose what they will choose to believe. There is no culture that tells them that questioning is evil, there is no system in place that makes punishes those who question

.good comment JWDaughter....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit