The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

by JH 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html

At first I saw her turn clockwise, then counter clockwise......

• JH
    JH

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
    uses logic
    detail oriented
    facts rule
    words and language
    present and past
    math and science
    can comprehend
    knowing
    acknowledges
    order/pattern perception
    knows object name
    reality based
    forms strategies
    practical
    safe
    RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
    uses feeling
    "big picture" oriented
    imagination rules
    symbols and images
    present and future
    philosophy & religion
    can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
    believes
    appreciates
    spatial perception
    knows object function
    fantasy based
    presents possibilities
    impetuous
    risk taking
  • JH
    JH

I saw her turn both directions for a moment, but now seems to spin only clockwise

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm sorry, she's just turning clockwise. I just don't see counter-clockwise.

edited - I finally saw her go counter clockwise - freaky!

Skeeter (who almost has a math degree - and is not a "feeling" type person)

• JH
    JH

OK, i saved the file and opened it in "Imageready" and made her spin much slower.......now look attentively

alt

• JH
    JH

As you can see, she turns around on both directions.......but why do we see her turn only in one direction for so long.....and then see her turn into the other direction for so long.....

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Its 28 to the right and 28 to the left. the key is to look at the feet.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

freaky.

She seems to spin, then change direction, then change back again. Over and over and over

Edit: I find if you stare at her upper body she will rotate clockwise more, if you stare at her feet, she will be going counter clockwise.

To get her to flip, scan up and down the picture, follow her body up and out of the top of the picture, then back down again past the bottom. That was how it was changing so frequently for me.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

That is too bazaar. I was actually capable of seeing both directions alternating within a split second. Hmm

LINDA

• *summer*
    *summer*

interesting! but as much as i looked at it...as much as i tried to concentrate...i could only see her counter clockwise... the right side of my brain must be off work today*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit