by Dianna 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Second Bush-ism: should have been "I accomplishED...."

OK, I will stop, now.......

V

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Welcome aboard, Dianna and a big G'day! from downunder!

Thank you for introducing yourself and letting us know a bit about your situation.

Many, many here have been through this. For Mrs Ozzie and myself, we can relate to what you're 'saying' and know that you have started along a road to freedom. We were active dubs for about 50 years.

You've made the first step and now the road will at times be difficult and at other times be full of joy! Things tend to get into perspective after a while - right now the wound is raw but gradually you'll experience such a great sense of a load being taken from your shoulders that you'll be amazed you didn't do it sooner!

You asked how life is after leaving the organisation and for Mrs Ozzie and I it's wonderful! We say this despite losing all our family and relatives. Yes, despite this we have a wonderful life, renewed health and, most important of all, a deep faith and christian commitment. No, we don't recommend one church over another but simply say that this is how we have found life for what has been determined for us and for this we are so thankful.

Do your reading - I recommend "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom" by Ray Franz for starters because those two books will validate your own thoughts and help you see that you're not crazy after all!

You could also try Randy Watters website http://www.freeminds.org/ where you'll be able to read many experiences of others who've left the "Organisation™" and there are many resources available. Randy is always giving kindly help and support to people in their exiting the Borg.

In the meantime, enjoy the journey to freedom!

Cheers, Ozzie

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Can't believe I just read this. I hope you got with some family that is out of the org and are with them and not this guy. You are in noooo shape to be with somebody, especially somebody opening your eyes about "God". You gotta check with someone to make sure you didn't just jump from one cult to another. I mean, you didn't know the truth was a cult, how do you know your new beliefs aren't? You read like someone who is hella programmed still.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome Dianna

How to surpass all of this?

Don't look back, put one foot in front of the other and believe in yourself. Don't be afraid to trust in others and take a chance. It's the only way to grow.

Don't be hating. It's poison.

• flipper
    flipper

Dianna- Mr. & Mrs. Flipper welcome you to the board ! You are among friends who care who have been through what you have experienced. Please feel free to post and share your thoughts, and many kind supportive thoughts will come your way. Good luck to you, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome Dianne

• bluebell
    bluebell

Welcome Dianna

Yes there is life outside the JW's - make friends, if you don't know how (JW's can be slightly socially backward when coming out as you are programmed to think of all non JW's as bad people no matter how nice they seem), go to night classes (I learn spanish), volunteer (I don't do this but you may like it!), joins clubs (I play rugby and go dragon boating).

Get to know yourself and learn from your experience, you were bought up as a JW so didn't have much of a choice but if you are ever approached by anyone asking you to join any organisation you now know to do your research and find out what they are really like before joining.

I've read "crisis of conscience" by fred franz and I really enjoyed it and it made me see the silliness of letting a bunch of old men in NY decide how I should live my life.

And sites like this make you realise you are not alone.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Welcome, Dianna!

Here's to many more posts.

Ian

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome glad you are with us...thanks for sharing your life and struggles with all of us here. Looking forward to many posts from you. Believe me in time it gets better,,,,,you need to vent and this is a safe place to do it.

Welcomeglitter.gif image by Lesliev1031

Leslie

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Dianna,

You made a very wise decision.

The feelings of depression will subside and will be replaced with great joy. I can't speak from first hand experience as I am "still in" - (but the only reason I am still in is so that I can help others to get out), and have yet to go through all the things you have gone through. However, I do know many wonderful people who have left and have gotten over the period of lonliness and depression, and are now enjoying the happiest times of their lives - free from the judgemental culture of the JW Insane Asylum.

It is a viscious attack on ones psychological make-up when you take away the companionship of family and friends. It is an aggressive strike against someone. It is hurtful and damaging - but you can and will have a full recovery. And, you will be very happy to know that God and/or humanity at large will not allow this kind of disgusting conduct by the WT organization to go unpunished.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you !! You will feel better soon - GUARANTEED!

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit