My first post

by Dianna 33 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

it certainly takes a while for the brainwashing and conditioning to leave you............. but honestly i felt much more sucidal in the org than out of it..................... welcome

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Hello Dianna, and welcome to the forum.

I was a JW all my life until a few months before my 60th birthday, the first one I ever celebrated, so I know what you are going through. I did have the support of two wonderful ex JW friends though, and made even more friends when I started posting here.

I too saw through the Watchtower's deceptive teachings, and had to leave, but it is very hard to lose your family, and that hurt never really goes away. I can tell you though that, with the passage of time, it does get better. You have come to the right place to heal, the people on this forum are truly wonderful. Do stay with us.

Marion

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hi Di, read your post really girl you should be happy for stepping out of cultism there are so many useful things now that you can do for yourself and others

you own your own life now so go and grab it !

But do have compassion and empathy for the people still in .

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Dianna,

Welcome and congratulations. Leaving a cult can be a very difficult emotional wrench to your system. This might be why you are feeling depressed, it's a bit like going through the grieving process. Things you held dearly as truth have been taken away from you and lost or shattered. All this coupled with the loss of people who you thought of as life long friends. So just hang in there it does get better. Keep building up your knowledge and strength and try to make new friends. Never, never, never give up the right to have your own opinion on things again. You sound like a strong lady, so I'm sure you'll get through this just fine.

The-Borg.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Dianna, Believe me it will get better. I was a JW for 25 years I made 10 people JW"S I was Disfellowshipped because I said I dont believe Jesus came inviisably in 1914.

Try to get" Crises of Conscience" By Ray Franz.... I have been out now since 1987 & believe me this is the Happiest time of my life. Yes I am an old woman (80) you will hear me talking about" kicking the bucket...." But that is because I NOW believe the promise OF the Creator of ALL >Jesus Christ
    >>>> (Col 1:15) That we will get everlasting Life. when we die we go to be with them FATHER & SON In Heaven ,,,, So take Lady Lee advice & continue to pray dont give up on God. & remember who is the WAY! TRUTH<LIFE>>>> Jesus.... & the Father told us to listen to the son....NO MAN at all.

Hang in the sweetheart. ((((HUG)))

Granny/Mouthy/ Grace

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Diana,

Welcome to the Board!

Your question could go like this:

"Is there air ABOVE the surface of the water?"

YES!!

We are closing down our site, however, there is some ideas there: take a look:

http://www.jwmidwest.com/

If you would like to write me at my personal email:

[email protected].

If you want to talk by phone, email me and we can make arrangements.

Well, that is the best I can do on "assistance and encuragement....."

Yours in this Journey,

Vernon Williams

Monett, MO (SW MO about forty miles W and a bit S of Springfield)

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

I accomplish a "Bush-ism:"

I meant ....."there ARE...."

Ha!

V

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

W E L C O M E

i THINK i FOUND THIS ON A sTARBUCK's CUP.

All unhappiness and stagnation result from a feeling that you are at the mercy of the world and the people in it. But what a joy it is, what a major shift to strength and power, when you no longer wait around for others to favor and love you, for others to flatter and reward you. Reward and flatter yourself, favor and love yourself.

Kira Salak - Writer and National Geographic Emerging Explorer

Dianna - our happiness and joy come from within ourselves. The WTBTS tried to suck the joy from our very bones and the love of the congregation is conditional! They are not going to win if we don't let them. Stick around, you are going to love our community. Here you will truly feel encouraged and loved. Be yourself and love your self, you deserve it. Welcome. - Robin

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Hi Dianna,

There IS a Life outside of the Organization. It takes time. Stay close to the forum. There's a huge family out here with big loving arms. I've been out for about 20 years now and never been happier.

Welcome.

-Dianne

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Oh and I forgot Dianna. Try to get involved with Volunteer Work or something else that gets you around people. Don't Isolate yourself. This, in my opinion is extremely important. I started attending Auctions and got involved with Parent Teacher Organizations with my kids' schools.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit