Jesus came in 1914 and NOBODY noticed til when???

by oompa 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

I know the END of mankind was supposed to happen in 1914 with the end of the gentile times. true christians were supposed to all fly to heaven. now i forget when FDS figured out he came in 1914 instead of 1874. And when did we figure out BTG was felled? and was that 1914 or 1918-19? Geeze Im senile today......oompa

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

I have to stop looking at this stuff before my head explodes. It's so unbelievably crazy.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I can't be bothered looking up precise details atm, but BTG fell about 1881 until they realized they'd goofed and it really fell in 1918. The chronology for the return in 1914 was published in 1943 but the evolution of the revision had long been in place before then. But the biggie was they missed the appointment over all Jesus' earthly belongings in 1919. Clueless that it had been bestowed upon them. They only began to realize they had been given this unprecedented divine privilege about 1922. Go figure!

• carla
    carla

You must get the book 'Captives of Concept' by Don Cameron (hope that is spelled correctly) The author posts here sometimes. The book deals with all of that wonderfully. I really should get one and donate it to the library with a C of C book!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I remember Cameron observes that while Jesus was saying to the anointed class/Society in 1919 "you are my faithful and wise steward," the Society/anointed class were saying "Pastor Russell is Jesus' faithful and wise steward."

• oompa
    oompa
    The chronology for the return in 1914 was published in 1943 but the evolution of the revision had long been in place before then.

What are you saying it was in talks etc.... but not in print to make it official til 43?????......oompa

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

God’s Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached (1973) chap.11 pp.209-210

55 In the year 1943 the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society published the book “The Truth Shall Make You Free.” In its chapter 11, entitled “The Count of Time,” it did away with the insertion of 100 years into the period of the Judges and went according to the oldest and most authentic reading of Acts 13:20, and accepted the spelled-out numbers of the Hebrew Scriptures. This moved forward the end of six thousand years of man’s existence into the decade of the 1970’s. Naturally this did away with the year 1874 C.E. as the date of return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the beginning of his invisible presence or parousia.

The above quote is not really accurate, as Rutherford starting saying that Jesus took rulership in 1914, from about 1930.

• JH
    JH

Armageddon came in 1975 and NOBODY noticed t'il when...lol

• greendawn
    greendawn

Why are you concerned with these dates, they refer to events that are, very conveniently for the FDS, unverifiable by those who are listening to them. Yet they have weaved around these a big claim, that of Divine appointment which they use as a foundation of their status.

But it's strange that they talk about the resurrection of the saints as having happened when the living saints clearly haven't been taken up yet. Therefore there was no resurrection because there was no rapture.

• oompa
    oompa

JH and I am in heaven!!!...oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit