Homesick for the City by the Bay

by mrsjones5 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It was bad enough watching Monk (with quite a bit shot in Oakland which doesn't help either) and Mythbusters (They always show the SF skyline in the background) but the new shows on tv aren't helping, Journeyman and now Women's Murder Club coming up next, all set in San Francisco. I'm flying out to California on the 24th and hopefully I'll be able to visit the Bay Area, I'll be staying near Sacramento. Can't wait.

Josie

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Enjoy your trip and your stay. I hope you'll have warm weather and plenty of sunshine. Can I join you? *envious* I want warm weather & sunshine too!

LINDA

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Just came back from a trip in August. Went to the coast and it's wonderful looking at all the interesting plants and trees there. Plus it's never too hot. We usually stay at the Best Western at the civic center. Just have to walk past the ne'er do wells on the way to the MUNI. Love the "F" line to the Embarcadero. Sound familiar?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Josie

R U going to take the Hamilton Mount Rd over to Patterson? If you do I can live vicariously thru you.

Jeff

• Open mind
    Open mind

Perfect time of the year to visit Josie!

Not as many tourists as the summertime.

Have a great time and let us know how it went.

Open Mind

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm flying out from Indianapolis to Sacramento to attend a family reunion of sorts...gonna see a lot of relatives I haven't seen in a while (the only bad thing about that...alot of them are jws but I'm not a baptised jw so what the heck). Staying with my parents...yeah we're talking again. This time I'm going by myself (no hubby or kids, can you spell r-e-s-t?) and I'll be visiting along with two grand aunts (from Texas) and my sister (she lives in Texas too)...I think we're all going to stay at my parents's house. I'll be flying in midweek so I hope to have the opportunity to ride out to Oakland and SF for some shopping and good eats (dim sum and Korean bbq here I come!).

Josie

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

It seems like such a dreamy place; you made me homesick for it and I've never been there! Have a great time and bring us some pictures if you can!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I thought you were talking about Tampa.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What's a Tampa

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I love the trip north of San Francisco - along the coast line. Very beautiful as the North California forests come in. Of course, the drive to the south of San Francisco to Monterey is also nice. But, it's the north coast that has my heart. Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit