Insomnia

by ESTEE 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I have it tonight. 2:15 a.m. and still wide awake. Grrrrrr!

What do you do for insomnia?

ESTEE

• JK666
    JK666

I guess I do nothing, apparantly!

JK

• zeroday
    zeroday

Sex, lots of sex. That's why I'm still up at 3:20am...

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I take the herbal capsule; L-Theanine with Green Tea Extract. Works wonders, with NO side effects.

Good Luck.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Hi, es....4:35 am here, and still awake. Too much on my mind. I'm a night person anyway. It's soooooooo quiet and peaceful.

zero...we are not all as lucky.

• zeroday
    zeroday

zero...we are not all as lucky.

OK I knew I would have to explain further... If I were having LOTS of sex would I be up at 3:20am...

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Believe it or not, I sometimes have trouble sleeping. Try lowering the lights in your home about an hour before you retire; this sends a message to your brain to start winding down. A hot bath may help, or anything you find relaxing and calming. This may or may not include sex- if you find it relaxing, give it a go. Put on fuzzy socks- research suggests warm feet make us sleep better.

I could go on, as I have about a million sleep-inducing tricks. But ultimately, your body and brain are in charge, and they won't always cooperate. When this happens, and sleep just won't come, try not to stress. Don'y lie there trying to fall asleep, as this only makes the situation worse. Relax, find something soothing to occupy yourself with, and when you're good and ready, you'll snooze.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Some time 2 beers works, Sometimes a 6 pack works. Sometime 2 six packs are necesarry.

I just finished working 16 hours and I just finished 3 ice houses and I am about finished.

Good night.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I use melatonin (3 mg), it works and it's very affordable. It simply replaces the melatonin that our bodies make less of as we get older. You will not feel drugged the next day. I have a lumbar disk herniation and sleep is almost impossible at times without it.

It's also very powerful antioxidant.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Try lowering the lights in your home about an hour before you retire; this sends a message to your brain to start winding down. A hot bath may help, or anything you find relaxing and calming. This may or may not include sex- if you find it relaxing, give it a go. Put on fuzzy socks- research suggests warm feet make us sleep better.

All good suggestions, especially the one about lowering the lights. Definately keeping the feet warm for me. If I'm cold, I can't sleep. A nice soak in the hot tub works wonders for me. I always have on hand an herbal supplement by Swiss - Herbal SleepWell. Don't watch TV or read in bed, use it just for sleeping (well, not just for sleeping ). Don't exercise atleast 2 hours before bed. Try to keep to a regular routine. Go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time.

Hope this helps.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit