OK, ladies, I need some advice please (it's about undergarments!)

by exwitless 20 Replies latest jw friends

• exwitless
    exwitless

I have been searching internet reviews about this and I can't seem to find a definite winner:

What is the best kind of slimming underwear (panties) that are comfortable, won't roll down at the waist, and will be invisible under dress slacks?

I've looked at Spanx, Bali, Lipo In a Box, and others. They all seem OK, although they're expensive. I'm willing to pay if they are actually worth the money.

Help!

• wings
    wings

IMO the truly slimming ones are not worth wearing....torture! I would go for something less expensive that covers the worst of it, and try to be comfortable in your skin.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have heard good things about Spanx, but I choose to let my fat all hang out:) Ok, not exactly, but I have never met a 'shaping' garment that didn't make me cry with relief to get undressed, so I forgo them. If you are really fat, you won't fool anyone, and if you are merely a bit disproportionate to the current fashion, love yourself and be happy without them. Wear outer and under garments that are fitted properly and you will look your best. Stand straight and be proud of yourself. OTOH, if you are going to a class reunion, do your worst!!:)

• John Doe
    John Doe

How about diet and exercise?

• Tara
    Tara

Oprah swears by Spanks.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I tried spanx, they are smoothing, but rather granny-like and heavy.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I agree with JWdaughter, I just can't do the slimming undergarments. In my opinion, they make me feel more bulky and uncomfortable. Then I can't be myself or feel good about me or what I'm wearing.

I tend to just go with well fitted bra and panties. I'm not overweight, I would love to be trim and slim like before I had kids but that ain't gonna happen. I try to make sure my clothes fit well and that the undergarments are appropriate for the outfit.

nj

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Have you heard of Slim 'n Lift? I've been dying to get a pair...when I can afford them

http://www.thane.com/products/health-beauty/slimlift_supreme/slimliftsupreme.php

• exwitless
    exwitless

To clarify:

I am not particularly overweight. I just have a teeny bit of a poochy belly I'd like to slim. I'm not trying to look 50 lbs lighter, just to slim my tummy.

But my main concern is finding undies that do not show lines under slacks. I don't think I'm asking for a miracle here.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Mrs. Jones: thanks for the link. I'm tempted to get one.

Anyone else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit