On STUMBLING BLOCKS

by You Know 56 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

WAANNAHELP:

I could have sworn I read somewhere (WTY Jan 15, 2001, page 12 - "Overseers and Ministral Servants Theocratically Appointed") where the "theocratic order" you now hold in the JW religion was done by "Jehovah" himself, and that all MS, Elders, etc were appointed by the holy spirit itself..!!!

That doesn't mean we are under the Mosaic Law.

I also thought that the organization claimed that the F&DS was "DIRECTLY INSPIRED BY JEHOVAH".. After all, where does all your "new light" come from? It couldn't be that men just decide on a whim to change things, do they? No, isn't it Jehovah himself that sends the 'new light'?

The Society has never claimed to be inspired of God. That's ridiculous. But as I have shown, from the Scriptures, Jehovah allows errors and stumbling to take place among his people in order to refine. Ultimately Jehovah is the source of truth and light and to the extent we understand and follow his word that's how we walk in the light.

Finally, who gave you the right to change the baptismal voes? The bible states, "In the name of the father, son and holy ghost"..

We don't understand those words are to be recited as some sacred mantra at every baptism. The Watchtower sponsors and oversees the preaching and disciple making work as well as they provide the occasion for baptism itself. It seems reasonable to me that they can word the baptismal vows anyway they want. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

WE MUST ADMIT THE "SITUATION" FACING ALL JWS TODAY:

What situation?

1. The "Disgusting thing" Jesus spoke of = United Nation Organization where "the [Bible] reader [All JWS] must use [spiritual] discernment" to escape calamity. -- Matt. 24:15

YK: 99.9% of Jehovah's Witnesses have no idea about the NGO thing. So that hardly fits.

2. The Beast "standing where he ought not/in Holy Place" = WTS/GB voluntary becomes UN NGO/DPI (greedily receiving money from UN Organization and accepting perks like free air fare, etc.)

YK: Your thinking is a little muddled. If anything, the Watchtower's standing where it ought not. You are hysterical if you imagine that this fulfills the prophecy that calls for the disgusting thing to threaten us.

3. The "Transgression That Causes Desolation" (Dan. 8:13) = Writing of Sept. 8th, 1991 Awake! supportive article on United Nations (and subsequent favorable articles written on United Nations Organization since that year...no one "twists their arm" to write such...completely voluntary action)

YK: That may be. If true that would of course prove then that Jehovah's Witnesses are the holy ones spoken of in prophecy. That's not exactly what apostates want to prove here is it? LOL

4. Jesus commands his disciples to "flee Jerusalem" (City called by God's Name) Deut. 16:6; Jer. 25:29; Dan. 9:19 = All sincere JWs "flee" JWs/WTS Organization...before coming "days of vengeneance"/"wrath" upon this people - Matt. 24:15, 16; Mark 13:14; Luke 21:21-24

YK: Again, in what way are we surrounded by our enemies? You are delerious apparently.

5. Modern-day "Jerusalem" from which All JWs should "flee" = "The Great City," aka "Babylon the Great" ... where the "Man of Lawlessness" (Governing Body) presides and "publicly shows himself to be a god," by openly breaking God's Law with impunity or any corrective action on the JW flock's part. -- Revelation 11:8; 18:8, 18; 2 Thess. 2:3-12

YK: You are laboring under some delusion about what Jerusalem's holy place represents. Far be it from me to disabuse you of that delusion.

6. 70 Years of "Captivity" to "Babylon, the Great City" -- the "City that is called by God's Name" has ended...October 2001. Reminiscient of what Daniel "discerned" from reading "Jeremiah" for ancient "Israel." A repeat of this situation, all over again. -- Daniel 9:2; 9:19; Revelation 11:8; 18:8, 18

YK: Oh brother. I have a feeling that you are soon going to be announcing that you are the Messiah.

7. Amazingly, the "Babylonish Captivity" Ends on Anniversary of 70 Years of ...

YK: Paul wrote about those who wanted to be teachers and who made strong assertions about things they didn't really know anything about. I have to say that you fit into that catagory.

Based upon the above, wouldn't you say, All sincere JWs have to voluntarily "get out of Babylon", "Jerusalem", the "Great City", JWs Organization to please Jehovah?

YK: Apostates are obviously so desperate to draw Jehovah's Witnesses away from the truth that you will run any kind of lame brain scam against us that you think you can get away with. You are creative though, I will give you that much. LOL / You Know

• ianao
    ianao

BWAAHAHAHAH AHAHAH HHAH HAHH HIC AHHA..

TEEEHEHEHE HHEH HEHEH HEH HIC

OOOH, my sides, they are killing me. ROTFLMAO

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    On the topic of stumbling: Stumbling typically involves the mistakes of others whether real or perceived.

Wrong again Robert, stumbling involves falling, usually over ones own feet. Or tongue as is the case with you.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• willy_think
    willy_think

back to the point

There is in fact NOTHING that you can throw at me that I cannot answer with either God's word or my fath

yes there is yk.

On the topic of stumbling: Stumbling typically involves the mistakes of others whether real or perceived. The reason Jehovah does not consider any stumbling block as a valid reason for abandoning one’s faith is because a person’s faith should be in Jehovah and Christ in the first place. And since God most assuredly did not let his worshipper down, what a fellow believer does or does not do should have no bearing upon our personal relationship with our heavenly Father. The problem lies in the feebleness of faith in the one stumbled. That’s why Paul, in discussing the issue of stumbling, said that: “the weak man eats vegetables.” (Out of fear that the meat might have been offered to some phony deity)

if this is a true statement then it must be applied to the universal church of the 1st 2nd 3rd........century. that being so i must ask yet again.

"since God most assuredly did not let his worshipper down"

then why aren't you orthodox or catholic?
    why one of the new "faiths"?

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

i have a question for you, ive asked it before, and got no answer, therefore i do not expect an answer this time. (i realize there are some questions that you simply cannot answer without putting your foot in your mouth). is it reccommended by the society to spend large amounts of your free time arguing with apostates as part of the preaching work? im just wondering this, because it sounds to me like you believe you have a firm grasp on scripture. if you truly believe us to be the "apostate thinkers" spoke of in the bible, then surely you know there are many scriptures which tell you specifically to avoid us at all costs. wouldnt your time be better served trying to reach those that have not yet discovered the "truth", rather than pointless banter with those you know for a fact you will never convert/help?

it will become easier for you once you realize you are actually an apostate yourself yk.

aa

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest You Know...

I await your comment on Ezekiel 3:20. I apologize if I missed it somewhere and you need only point out to me its location and I will go review it.

Thank you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit