On STUMBLING BLOCKS

by You Know 56 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

Willy Think:

what was so shocking? was it that the diciples that satayed were "apparently" eating his flesh?

You need to read the account. Those disciples who left off following Christ said: "This SPEECH is shocking, Who can listen to it?" They were shocked by what Jesus said---his speech. They had no idea what he was talking about. Apparently, neither do you. / You Know

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi Mr Cuddles,

As it stands I am bound by the spirit from publishing what I know is true simply because it hasn't appeared in the Watchtower yet. In other words, I have food that you don't have that makes me immune to the very doubts that destroyed your faith.

Bound by the spirit! Bound by not enough fibre if you ask me. The only 'stumbling bloke' on this thread is your good-self.

Destroyed faith? What are you talking about? My faith is so strong that I do not need to bluster and utter do-it-yourself prophecies on an anonymous board while under the spirit of medication as some do.

My faith in you is non-existent, as to the WTS, though I have no doubt that it contains as much wheat as it does weeds, my faith in its leaders are non-existent. Your prophetic interpretations, well they are just plain sad. I can assure you that I mix with theological minds that would eat your offerings as anti-pasta.

I do not waste time discussing theological issues with you YK, because you sidestep the uncomfortable in preference to unhealthy personal attacks on others. This evidences that you are not open to discussion only proclamations, rather like the loser in the crumpled raincoat who sits outside Kings Cross Station proclaiming the end of the world while allowing pigeons to defecate on his head. I have better things to do with my time and efforts.

You Know, you know you are an apostate by the definition of the WTS itself. You can run but you cannot hide from that fact.

Now calm down and finish your breakfast if you want to be an elder you are going to have to do a little better than you have in the past.

HS

PS - Incidentally Cuddles, you might try looking at the Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek root meanings for the various applicatons made for the word 'stumbling' and 'stumbling block'. They seldom have a common application, even in common passages. The 'spirit' that rest with you obviously has little knowledge of linguistic tradition. My feeling is that it is only semi-educated

• Gozz
    Gozz
    So, God acknowledges that his organization is guilty of setting stumbling blocks before the nations that they are seeking to enlighten. The context of the prophecy is that Jehovah chastises and cleanses his people. That this prophecy would likely have a future fulfillment is indicated by the fact that Jehovah says that no more will God’s people be the object of humiliating talk on the part of the nations. Obviously, we are just beginning the initial phase of a public denunciation of Jehovah’s Witnesses and God has yet to intervene and set things straight.

... You Know,
    you continue to spurt out blasphemy on God. A God who makes the kind of acknowledgement you allege would not expect decent people to worship him.

And don't you see the difference between the Governing Body/Writing Department and Rank and File Jehovah's Witnesses?

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Ok You KNow:

I'll bite:

You said:

"no one is saying "if this is gods organization, it should be PERFECT". i havent heard one "apostate" or non-believer say anything even remotely close to this. yk, you continue to show your foolishness."

Let me explain it to you, at least from my point of view.. That of a lolely non-JW who believes with all his heart that a god exists, and does his humble best to serve him without any human help..

The F&DS has made mistakes in the past, that is a fact that every JW admits to..

In which case, since it is already established that they are not perfect, they will make mistakes in the future as well.

However, in order to be a JW in good standing, you must accept and follow to the letter everything the F&DS states, as if it comes from god himself.. For, if you even question the F&DS, you are told that you are 'spiritually weak' and questioning god himself. The 'fear' of questioning God keeps you from doing anything against the F&DS, not to mention the fear of being shunned by those you love most, your family and friends...

The F&DS that has been known to make mistakes, will most likely make more mistakes (in fact, probably is making mistakes at this very moment we are not even aware of), yet they certainly cannot be considered 'humble'? Why are they not humble, but instead haughty?

They make decisions that effect 6 Million lives every day, and even though they know they are not perfect, as does every witness, they continue to do so, with absolutely NO room for discussion or compassion:

You want a Blood Transfusion, fine, but it will be your choice to distance yourself from God. If you die but don't take a transfusion, god will accept you. If you take a transfusion but live, we will consider you going against God, kick you out of the organization, and shun you, but the choice is yours!!! (Some choice)

You want a military card, fine, but it will be your choice to distance yourself from god.. If you goto jail because you don't take one, god will accept you. If you get a military card, we will consider you going against God, kick you out of the organization, and shun you, but the choice is yours!!! (see a pattern developing about your 'choice' in life?)

- Let's also not forget about the hypocrisy practiced by the F&DS over these very issues as well.. In some places, it's ok to get a Militiary card, while in others it's forbidden.. And, I heard somewhere where they recently 'softened' on the Transfusion issue in certain countries because of status reasons.. I was taught that god hates 'uneven scales'...

And the list goes on and on..

If the F&DS have made errors before, don't you think that it would be prudent for them NOT to take an absolute position about issues that involve life/death or freedom/jailing for their 'flock'? How is that protecting the flock? Quite the contrary, they are endangering the flock by forcing them to follow rules which cannot be verified as coming from God himself.

They have no way of knowing for sure if that is what god wants or not, because how can you tell when they are in error? You cannot.. If you could, you would be able to stop the error, wouldn't you..

So, everything they say and do should be questioned.. Yet, you cannot question anything.. And 6 Million JW's follow blindly along with whatever they say, even if it means death, or loss of freedom, or 'do not have a beard or whatever'...

They act like a dictator, my word is law, my word comes from god, and even if it's wrong, you will follow or we will banish you..

You have proven our point.. You are serving man, not god.. Because if you were serving god, you wouldn't be following the mistakes of other humans.. You'd have a personal relationship with god, listen to him with your heart (Trust me, if you open your heart and ask honestly he will respond), and follow only him..

But, instead 6 Million JW's follow blindly the F&DS, knowing full well that they have made mistakes, will make more mistakes, and are only human.. But, that is your choice..

You choose to follow humans in complete servitude all the while believing that you are following god.. Not only are you a slave, but you are also practicing idol worship, it's just your idols are humans in Brooklyn that somehow have tricked you into believing that they are God..

You worship every word the F&DS slave states, as if it comes from god himself.. Well, as even you agree, the F&DS slave have made mistakes.. Since god himself cannot make mistakes, how do you reconsile the fact that the F&DS claim that they are 'speaking' for god himself?

F&DS = mistakes
    God = No mistakes

F&DS cannot be god's mouthpiece.

6 Million JW's are Idol worshipers and also slaves.. I feel absolute pity for all of you, but the choice is yours..

- Wannahelp

• willy_think
    willy_think

back to the point

On the topic of stumbling: Stumbling typically involves the mistakes of others whether real or perceived. The reason Jehovah does not consider any stumbling block as a valid reason for abandoning one’s faith is because a person’s faith should be in Jehovah and Christ in the first place. And since God most assuredly did not let his worshipper down, what a fellow believer does or does not do should have no bearing upon our personal relationship with our heavenly Father. The problem lies in the feebleness of faith in the one stumbled. That’s why Paul, in discussing the issue of stumbling, said that: “the weak man eats vegetables.” (Out of fear that the meat might have been offered to some phony deity)

"since God most assuredly did not let his worshipper down"

then why arn't you orthodox or catholic?
    why one of the new "faiths"?

• accuracy
    accuracy

You Know, what you have said makes perfect sense. I see you are a "stumbling block" to those who want to present Witnesses as monolithic clones. You don't play the game their way. It's interesting to observe the whole thing.

The Hebrew-Aramaic-Greek put-down is irrelevant. Been there, done that. Truth does not come from grammar and syntax alone.

Do your thing, You Know. You have as much right to do so as anyone else.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I think one of the greatest stumbling blocks for Christians are:

ORGANIZATONS THAT FALSELY CLAIM TO BE GOD'S ONLY TRUE ORGANIZATION.

They make themselves an Idol that gets worshipped by men, and stand in the place of God, making laws that burden mens hearts and are of no benifit to those following them.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • dubla
    dubla

yk-

You have got to be kidding?

nope, completely serious. the "as usual" part goes back to our discussion of finance in which you claimed oversold levels are imaginary. if you remember, i systematically dismantled those posts of yours as well, making it plain to all. if you need a refresher, please re-read that entire thread. but i digress, as we should stick to the topic of your latest ravings.

Not so quick. Expain to me exactly how this affects me?

its quite simple really, i would imagine youd have the intelligence level to grasp the idea, but perhaps ive given you too much credit. you see, when you claim to be "one of jehovahs witnesses", and jehovahs witnesses are proven to be a hypocratic organization on numerous occasions, you now publicly support an extremely hypocratic org. get it? your argument against this fact is once again paper thin. its like one of the nazis saying, "i follow hitler, but his actions dont affect me, and i dont agree with all of them." lol, preposterous.

You give evidence that you simply don't know God.

i have not claimed to have a relationship with god, and im not sure why my relationship with god or lack thereof bares any importance to this particular topic. as a matter of fact, im quite sure it bares no importance whatsoever to our discussion.

I fielded your question. I showed why it was baited and then I answered it. It may well be that you simply lack the intelligence to grasp that fact.

actually you didnt answer it at all, you merely circumvented it in your usual style, changing the subject and disregarding the actual question. ill quote myself again here, and give you another chance to answer:

" .....why would god ever have the need to supply his one true outlet/organization with completely FALSE information, and give them completely OPPPOSITE insight on SPECIFIC doctrinal roots from one decade to the next?"

now after some talk of the nazis and romans failing to "break" jws, you continued your "answer" by going off on a whole new tangent, in classic yk fashion:

The thing faithless ones overlook is that the Watchtower has taught us quite a bit about the truth. You wouldn't even have a clue about which end of your Bible was up if it had not been for your association with Jehovah's Witnesses........

um, thats great yk, thank you for reminding me how much the wtbts taught me about my bible, but once again, this has nothing to do with the question i asked. jws are better than anyone ive ever dealt with at using smokescreen answers, changing the subject, and talking in circles. i expect it of you. how did this answer the question of WHY god would send false prophesies through his holy spirit to his people?

I hate to say it, but I am fairly convinced that you are stupid and lack the ability to recognize when you have been shown to be so, and it seems to be your pattern to make up for you glaring lack by arrogant bluster pronouncing by yourself the winner on nearly every post. Its pathetic really. / You Know

hmmm, sounds like someone i know. arent you the one who ends nearly all his posts with some kind of arrogant LOL, or perhaps a cutdown of the poster youre responding to, maybe a quick slam on someone? even your last post to me shows this. every time your back is against the wall, you resort to labeling your dicreditors "stupid", or labeling their points as "bluster". if i had a dollar for every person you insulted, or every post you labeled "bluster", i would truly be retired by now. now that is a pathetic pattern.

aa

• LDH
    LDH
    The reason Jehovah does not consider any stumbling block as a valid reason for abandoning one’s faith

Stupid Fucker.

How about these two little gems?

"He who has seen me has seen the father."

"Whoa to the one CAUSING STUMBLING. It would have been better for him if he had not been born."

There are valid reasons that true Christians can be stumbled, you jackass. Jehovah AND Jesus hold that to be true. Otherwise, why would Paul have written that the 'men in charge will receive a weightier judgement' than the rest of us?

Curl up and die.

Lisa

• Escargot
    Escargot

You Know:

Good points to consider, I am very glad you post on this list......

I have a question: Even when stumbled, Jesus still calls them “my sheep.” What are your comments regarding this aspect to one that is still stumbled?

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit