its a new day, its a new life and im feeling good!!

by student1 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

good luck to you!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is fantastic to hear, all the best reaching the light.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

woot woot good luck and congradulations

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Congratulations on the new freedom! Take it slowly, especially with a head injury.

• Khepri
    Khepri

Good luck mate! I started uni not long after I was d'd, but really couldn't get into it for the first year - was too screwed up in the head. Now it's all good, but it was one hell of a ride. Although being disfellowshipped (rather than just kind of fading away) was incredibly traumatic at the time, now I'm happy that it was a clean break and I don't have to make excuses not to talk to any of my former friends if I happen to see them (although my Mum still insists on giving one of the local elders my phone number and I don't have the heart to tell her that I don't want to talk to him because I never want to go back - that's my issue I still have to work out). So don't be too afraid, I'm sure you can cope with whatever happens. It's a terrible cliche but time really does heal everything.

It's a huge exciting world out there (especially if you were brought up a JW as I was) and there is so much to learn and try. You don't have those ridiculous worries now that you'll die at armageddon if you do something! But a word of advice: don't go too crazy as I did for a while and do things which hurt your health or happiness. They are the most important things, and the health and happiness of the people you value most. BTW this doesn't mean ever compromising your integrity - ie going along with something you don't believe in to please others.

Ha ha preach preach - I became a mum at the beginning of this year (which has been wonderful) so now I feel like I have the 'god-given' prerogative to offer good advice to people!

Happy new day and new life and I hope you keep feelin' good ; )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit