R.F. Update

by R.F. 29 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks for the link, the program sounds very rewarding, worthwhile and do-able, 4 hours a month.

I'm gonna be very mumsy here and encourage you to focus on your college goals - study too is a kind of travelling.

BTW if you plan on visiting the UK be sure to let us know so that we can show you some of our historical heritage.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are going to be able to move on with your life.
    Great stuff.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

RF!

Glad to see you back and that you got what you needed.

Sounds like you are on track, and I bet you make a great Big Bro, and do well in school.

Don't let the herd get you down, to them you are 'acting strange' and might have something 'catching'.

The fade is still well worth the effort, think how much worse to have them actively shun you than to just behave oddly!

So, stay the course, you are almost there!

Oh, and WB.

RD

• sspo
    sspo

Enjoy life and call it a blessing that you found out about the watchtower lies early in life and make sure you get yourself a good education.

• unique1
    unique1

Congratulations!!! You should definitely do the Big Brother thing. I have been a Big Sister for a year now. It is nice to be able to make a real difference!! They need more guys to sign up everywhere. There are tons of boys waiting for matches.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you everyone!

unique1- They've had stories about the program on the local news, encouraging ones to volunteer. It's even something my mother suggested....back before I was an extremely active Dub. It sounds great though. Such a short amount of time to me can mean the world to someone else.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Be well!

• Es
    Es

Thats great, all the best

es

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is still one thing to beware of. Once they get connected with the drug companies (hey, if they did the UN, why not the drug companies), anyone that tries to use the depression card to fade will be hauled in for a new committee: instead of getting reproved, they will set you up to be taking drugs. Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil...the drug companies make a killing, the Witlesses keep a member, and the person on the drugs is more leadable. And, they could require tests where a missed test or one where the person is not taking the drug is a judicial offense.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Good one WTWizard, and it's something I wouldn't put past the WTS.

Then again, the faders fading on the depression card could take the meds and lie about it's effect on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit