R.F. Update

by R.F. 29 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

Ok, so maybe I didn't take as long a break from here as first expected, but i've accomplished what I wanted. I've had a good week of being able to take alot of time and think. I've cleared up many things that have been floating around in my mind lately, thus leaving me less stressed.

As far as Borg stuff goes......

The CO and PO stopped by unannounced last week, even after I cancelled the scheduled meeting with him. I'm finally going to be deleted as an MS thankfully. I figure that now i'm in the clearing...I hope. The BOE doesn't check on me much, and it seems like the only did recently so that they can tell the CO that they've done all they can to help. Now that i'm no longer a full time magazine salesman pioneer and the BOE's slave MS, I think I will be hearing even less from them now.

The rest of the congregation acts very strangely around me now. When I see them out in public now, many of them just wave at a distance and keep on there merry way. The ones that do talk to me don't even mention JW stuff to me anymore. I'm not sure if they think i'm still depressed or what, but perhaps they just don't know what to say to me. Even some of my so called "friends" aren't even the same with me. One that told me he considered me a very close friend hardly said anything at all to me when I ran into him the other day. He just said a quick "hello" to me, had a long conversation with one of my siblings and was on his way. And he's one of the ones that I really wanted to fade for so that I preserve our friendship. This has only shown me further that's it almost isn't worth it to go through the trouble to fade for friends. They know i'm here for them always, and it's up to them if they want to keep the relationship going.

My father doesn't even question me about meetings anymore. He's just about given up hope and said...."if he has the right heart condition he'll go back eventually". My mother has actually asked me a couple times within the a week if I still plan on going back. She hates that I got treated like crap by the BOE in recent months, but she said the congregation still needs me.

Overall, i'm finally glad to be moving on from the Borg, even if it's little by little. I feel more free with each passing week. I truly am thankful that I realized what I was into and got out at a young age(even though i'm technically still in, but you get the point). I of course still want to go to still be back to college. I'm not sure right now if it will still be in January when I go back but we'll see. I have alot of traveling that I want to do, so I want to get all of that out of my system before I start.

I'm also considering volunteering in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program...as a Big Brother of course. That's something I wanted to do even while an active Borg member, but I just didn't have the time.

Life is great, and I intend to keep living in the now, enjoying every minute that i'm alive and breathing.

Thank you all for being here for me. The last few months have been very rocky for me, but you all have helped me to a great degree in smoothing out things.

So i'm officially back now................but I don't know if thats bad or good for the rest of you.

Robert(still not afraid to use my name here. If I get found out then I just do.)

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you for the update. I'm glad you're doing well and "fading" succesfully.

If you plan on going back to school in January, please start the application process right away to make sure you get in. Remember, the longer you stay out out of school the smaller the chance you will ever go back.

You are very young and have your whole life ahead of you. Make wise choices and enjoy.

changeling

• Gayle
    Gayle

Congratulations on your successful 'fade' and best wishes in your future plans as Big Brother and college and 'freedom ride'.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thanks for the update Robert. I'm happy that things are going so well for you!

BB

• R.F.
    R.F.

changeling, you're right. That application process can be a bit hectic. I guess that means i'm leaning more towards waiting until after January, but i'll do my best not procrastinate about starting back again. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you as well Gayle and Bumble Bee.

• purplesofa
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I'm also considering volunteering in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program...as a Big Brother of course. That's something I wanted to do even while an active Borg member, but I just didn't have the time.

Thank you for the update, Robert. The BB/BS program is badly in need of young persons as yourself. I'm encouraging my daughter to volunteer her time with such programs. She's beginning to do a little tutoring and mentoring here and there. Of course, her "spiritual" activities occupy most of her time.

I soooo look forward to the day when she can break free.

Sylvia

• Gopher
    Gopher

Robert - nice to have you back on board! Great post.

One that told me he considered me a very close friend hardly said anything at all to me when I ran into him the other day. He just said a quick "hello" to me, had a long conversation with one of my siblings and was on his way. And he's one of the ones that I really wanted to fade for so that I preserve our friendship.

Isn't conditional friendship the pits? With your outgoing, positive attitude, you will have no problem making new friends who value you for who you are, and don't measure you by your contributions to a cultish little religion.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

good for you robert..

Please don't put off school too long...one semester becomes a year and then next thing you know its 20. That's what happened to me. I am thinking of going back again in January also...finish the 2nd (transfer) associates degree. Time is a factor though.

As for travel...if you have the money and the time...do the travel thing now... I traveled a lot across the eastern US when I was your age but nothing international until last year. Once you start school, then you have student loans and obligations and have to find a job to pay for it all..... and your time/money for travel seems to evaporate....so travel if you can now...

Most of all... enjoy life.... freedom from the Borg.... let's make our collective New Year's Resolution.... "Free from the Borg in 2008"

Talk with you offline...

SnakesInTheTower (of the "still doesn't have the spine to post a real name" Sheep Class)

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you purps, snowbird, Gopher, and Snakes.

snowbird- I don't know how deep into the Org your daughter is, but you know such volunteer programs are of little significance when it comes to the life saving preaching work.

Gopher- that's so true. I guess i'm no longer "friendship material" to them. Now that my organizational activities have been severed, i'm not of any interest to them anymore.....at least that's why I think. I've already have a few new acquaintances that I think can be very close friends in time. We'll see how that goes.

Snakes- I have to be careful, I almost typed in your real name. But yes that's exactly why I want to do all this traveling now. I don't think i'll be able to soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit