R.F. Update

by R.F. 29 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

Congratulations on your successful fade, im glad things are looking up and you got what you needed to sorted.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Robert,

I was just thinking about you the other day wondering how you were! Thanks for the update and I'm glad you are back.

nj

• oompa
    oompa

Great news RF and a great update. It is encouraging to me and others that you have such a great outlook on life now. I hope I can get there soon. What woke you up or should I just go review your earlier posts?

post your main eye opener....oompa

• Open mind
    Open mind

Good for you Robert!

Open Mind

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you F2T, ex-nj-jw, oompa, and Open Mind!

oompa, my earlier threads are alot more detailed, but the basics of what woke me up to the truth about "The Truth" was the lack of love, the obviousness that the elders and the Org as a whole wasn't so Holy Spirit guided as they claimed, and from reading the book of Acts. After reading through the book twice without the Watchtower blinders, I knew the JW religion was a lie, and that it wasn't the modern day clone of 1st century Chrisitanity.

• poppers
    poppers

Thanks for the update. Keep living in the now.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

robert

I'm also considering volunteering in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program...as a Big Brother of course. That's something I wanted to do even while an active Borg member, but I just didn't have the time

I'm curious - waht is the big brothers and big sisters program? And if you don't mind my asking - how much time are you required to commit to the program?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Robert,

Though I'm newly acquainted with you and your story, I have to say it's a pleasure to meet you, though belatedly.

Recovery - such as yours, mine and that of others on JWD - is an ongoing process and the healing is genuine. I cannot believe how far so many of us have come in the year I've been here. Some of us want to stay and be part of the program, and others, for their own very good reasons, decide they must leave the nest.

Wherever life takes you, we wish you all the best.

CoCo

• R.F.
    R.F.

thank you poppers, CoCo, and quietlyleaving.

CoCo, I agree with you. I can't believe how far i've come in a few short months.

quietlyleaving, below is a link to the organization's site.

http://www.bbbs.org

• JK666
    JK666

Robert,

Glad you are back, and that the fade is going well.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit