Well it's official: free2think is no longer part of the congregation

by free2think 31 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

As some of you may know i am fading. Well my dad, an elder, has now said that i am no longer part of the congregation, woohoo. I am not da'd or df'd or reproved so my question is what does that mean?

When i meet jws they still talk to me, although i did meet an elder and his wife on saturday, they were on the min and while she was very pleasant and wanted to chat he kept edging away and looked very uncomfortable, until finally she got the message.

So does this mean that they will stop talking to me and start shunning me? Im just curious because i have a brother with a child and i wonder if they will take steps to stop contact with me.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Well my dad, an elder, has now said that i am no longer part of the congregation, woohoo. I am not da'd or df'd or reproved so my question is what does that mean?

I don't really get it, f2t.

Perhaps he means enough time has passed that they wont harass you.

Interesting to say the least.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

If you have not been DFed or DAed, then you may have fallen into a category of 'limbo', where you may freely walk amongst them, and still be talked to. I think that I am in that category... I never got DFed - that I am aware of - and didn't DA - I just walked away.

Congrats - if you are in this category.

Of course... there is also the danger that your dad is 'turning you in' so to speak - and they will make an announcement from the platform. It just depends on the location - and how serious they are about keeping the records straight.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Gayle
    Gayle

Sounds like you are 'fading' successfully. Sounds like they don't know what to do with you. Leave them to their confusion.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't know what it means. But here's a (((((()))))) from across the pond.

Sylvia

• oompa
    oompa

You may need to change your subject line. If it is "official" a letter is read from the platform. Did that happen or did your dad just express his own opinion to you? Is he personally "marking" you and are others inapproiately talking about you behing your back?

driven by gossip....oompa

• free2think
    free2think

Perhaps he means enough time has passed that they wont harass you.

Interesting to say the least.

Yeah that's what i thought.

I have a friend that is also an elder's child, she no longer goes, and if free to live her life without reprecusssions, although they did try to get her df'd now they just leave her alone so maybe its the same for me.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I guess if you've been away for a while, and show no sign of
    returning, the elders now consider you a bad associate, and
    may advise others to stop talking to you altogether.

When I left in 1999, many in the hall stopped talking to me,
    though I didn't da until 2005, when with a couple of exceptions
    they all shunned me.

Maybe they are a little scared of the fact that you seem to
    be managing your life very well without jah, and might be
    a threat to others spirituality. If that's the case, it's in their
    interests to keep others away from you.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I think it means that they have given you an APPROACH F2T WITH CAUTION label.

Also if dubs ask elders questions like

"How come F2T doesn't come to meetings but we've seen her doing other things ".

then the elders can say "F2T is no longer a part of the congregation".

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Limbo is a strange place to be, although being "in" the congregation is even stranger. I'm not sure what to think of what your dad said. Can you ask him straight out for clarification?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit