commit yourself either way. If you still have any feeling for the
    watchtower, you will go back, if not you will reveal this to him,
    and the boe will then be able to take what they consider the
    appropriate action, ie df'ing you.

I very much doubt it's an off-the-cuff remark by him, there is
    likely to be a reason for it, and I'd be willing to bet that your
    name has come up at an elders meeting already, which could
    be why the elder you saw the other day was uncomfortable at
    being around you while his wife was friendly.

• free2think
    free2think

Thanks JK, Shawn and Journey-on, yep im really gutted about that, i was really looking forward to reading the new version of the craptower.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

You like the comic book hero Blade.....a day walker

• Es
    Es

thats a little confusing hey!! I wish I could no longer be in the congo without being D\A or D\F.

Congrats hun, hopefully it stays that way.

es

• greendawn
    greendawn

Just carry on with your fade some of them may decide to mark you as suspect association but who cares, you can in the meanwhile develop new friendships outside the dub org.

• oompa
    oompa

Free, I hope my fade is still smooth after a year goes by. However, since these elders have spent all this time and prayer on you and reached some farsical decision, I wish you could mess with them. Try mailing or calling in your time each month!!!!!

just kidding of course.....oompa....enjoy freedom

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

WOW F2T!!! (((Free2think)))

This means one of a few things.

1. It is his opinion
    2. You will be 'marked'
    3. You will be officially DA'd by your actions

The reason I say option 3 is because it sounds suspciously like the new announcement for people who are DA'd or DF'd. "Free2think is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

It all depends on whether or not that announcement is made as to how you might be treated by others in the congro.

Wishing you the best! Hoping for the outcome you desire

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I've wondered how my husbands status is. He is in a similar situation. Has been inactive for 4-5 years now and they (his parents) still hound him every once in a while.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Tell the JW's that you post on this site and see how long it takes for an 'official' announcement regarding your status in Jehovah's eye's is made at one or more of the friendly kingdom halls in your area.

• flipper
    flipper

Free 2 think- Sounds to me like some said they don't know how to categorize you. I think your dad is just trying to reel you back in, personally by saying you aren't considered a member of the congregation. Perhaps lay a little guilt trip on you. My dad has been a elder for 52 years, and has done the same thing before. So just stay cool, continue fading, be courteous, but cautious and you'll reach your own goals

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit