The obituary of Britney Spears

by free2beme 19 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

October 25,2007

Britney Spears, one of the most recognizable names of this decade, was found dead today at her home in California. Starting her career on the Mickey Mouse show and having such hits as "Hit me baby", "Toxic" and several others. Her cause of death was determined to be a overdose from medication prescribed by her physician for depression. As many had read about in recent articles, Ms Spears had recently lost custody of her children, adding to a long line of other career ending events that all came about in a short time. Friends and family had expressed concern, but were unable to get through to Ms Spears, who often surrounded herself with people and protection that kept her isolated from the rest of the world. Former boyfriend, Justin Timberlake, upon hearing of her passing was quoted to say, "When I knew her, she was a loving and balanced friend. I am sad to see such a person, with so much untapped talent, lost from this world at a young age." Several other media stars, as well as fans have expressed sorrow for this lost young life. Many though expressed the thoughts of a woman named Kate, from Victorville California, who said "How could her family have not seen this coming, so much was obviously falling apart around her and someone should have done something." Services for Ms Spears will be held this Saturday, by invite only, with family members doing there best to keep the media away from the final moment of a woman who was consumed in over done media exposure.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The scary thing is, it could really happen. Look at Anna Nicole.

At least one thing's for sure, her career's got one foot in the grave. IF she wants to bounce back, she'd have to clean up her act and keep things on the DL for a bit before making a "real" comback.

• free2beme
    free2beme

As terrible as it is, it is the direction that things are going. I actually feel very sorry for her and I normally disliked the woman. I just feel for her now, as she is drowning in the power of wealth. Personally, I would like to see her leave show business, move to some small town with her kids and get her life in order away from Los Angeles.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the problem is, as you said, she surrounds herself with people who go along with what she wants, no matter how self-destructive. She has a lot of money and really corrupt friends. She really is in danger of becoming another Anna Nicole Smith. I don't like her either, thought it was a pity she was a role model for pre-teen girls, but you can't help having compassion for someone so hell-bent on self-destruction.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's like watching a carwreck and you just can't take you eyes off it. I don't like her but I wish she had someone strong in her life (better yet that she was stronger) to set her straight myabe someone oh like Beyonce, she seems to have her act together...oh yeah she has strong role models in her life...her parents!

• BrentR
    BrentR

There are plenty of people out there that have less then a fraction of her money that know they need help and manage to get it. Sometimes you can't even lead a horse let alone get them to drink.

• yknot
    yknot

This is what happens when your family profits off you and loses perspective. I hope she chills out, goes into seclusion but seeks help from unbiased mental health profressionals. During her reclaimation of self I hope she devotes herself to child development.

As far as career goes:

If she has a good agent she will come out smelling like roses, claiming postpartem depression, prescriptions, alcohol, drugs and the overzealous paparazzi. She will have to be seen campaigning for better awareness (talk shows, radio interviews, congress, Europe, Japan, U.N, etc). She will eventually get back joint-custody of her sons and will devote more time to raising them. She will have to enter a more "adult" genre of music (if she continues singing), and needs to put out children's music, and maybe a book about her experiences. Also would be a good idea to follow Jamie Lee Curtis and Madonna and start writing children's books. Reinvention can be easy if you know, that who you are now is not who you were then.

Then again if she can regain joint custody of boy, she may just find she likes the lack of attention. Peace and quiet and normalcy are highly underrated.

PS never put your kids in showbiz. (a few modeling gigs is fine) Hollywood loves kid actors but hates former kid actors!

• JeffT
    JeffT
    "How could her family have not seen this coming, so much was obviously falling apart around her and someone should have done something."

To which JeffT, a recovering alcoholic in Seattle said "Done what?"

The trouble with people in this kind of mess, is that they're impossible to help until they want to be helped. I've been there myself, and I'm struggling with what to do with a family member in the same boat. I am not a fan, but it is hard to watch another human being who seems to be intent on destroying her own life. I hope some where that last rational spark buried under all the crap in her life finds a way to get help. It's out there if she looks for it, but she's going to have to want it.

I was about to say that no "normie" can understand why an addicts can't turn their lives around, but the people on this board can relate to how hard it is to make a major change.

Maybe this event will be the one that makes her see what she needs to do.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm pretty sure she not dead.

• Mystery
    Mystery

I realize this is a imaginary tale, but statements like

“How could her family have not seen this coming, so much was obviously falling apart around her and someone should have done something"

really, really, REALLY! Makes my blood boil.

I know that there are some people that don’t give a crap about their family – kids etc… But it is not the norm; if it were I wish the big A would come!

As JeffT said “she's going to have to want it.”

I heard the same crap from people all around me regarding my son ‘Why doesn’t she do something??” “Doesn’t she care at all about her son??” “How can a mother let him……” Let him my ass! If your child does drugs you have NO CONTROL over it. “Kick him out! If he were my child ….. “ I was so sick of the crap! I LET him do drugs. I LET him act like a psychopath! I LET him cuss me like I was a dog. I LET him……….!!!!!!!! I cannot talk for most parents or even some parents; I know what I did for my son. I went to every doctor, every psychiatrist, the mental health center until I found someone to tell me what was wrong with him. I went through this from the time he was 13 until present.

It took me 6 YEARS! For him to decide HE wanted to live! To decide HE wanted a good life. To decide HE wanted his family more than he wanted drugs. I did EVERYTHING I could possibly do. HE didn’t want my help. HE didn’t want off the drugs. HE DIDN”T give a shit about himself. He didn’t give a shit about me or his dad or his brother. HE had to make the choice himself.

The next time anyone wants to make a blanket statement of ‘why didn’t the parents do something’ I hope you don’t say it in front of someone like me; because if you do you may get more than you bargain for.

To all the ‘perfect parents’ out there; I simply hope it never happens to you. And if it does I hope you are smart enough to realize YOU CAN NOT MAKE YOUR CHILD DO ANYTHING! You can love them – no matter what. You may not like them at the moment – but you NEVER EVER tell them you don’t love them. You ALWAYS tell them you love them. I don’t care if you are so mad, so disappointed, so hurt that it feels like your heart is ripping out of your very soul, you TELL them that you love them. Don’t love them conditionally – like the JW’s taught us – Don’t love them IF – love them unconditionally and TELL them regardless. Because if you didn’t love them regardless of what they do you would not be hurting so bad when they call you a m*****f****** B****. You wouldn’t hurt when you walk in their room and see a shotgun lying on the bed beside them. You wouldn’t hurt when they tell you what a worthless piece of crap you are in front of the entire soccer team that you are coaching. It wouldn’t hurt….. He OD’ed 3 times. He cut himself with anything he could fine. He lived on painkillers and booze (yes, at 13 and 14 yrs old).

I don’t know Britney Spears parents or siblings, but if a mother is trying to take their child’s children away from them take into consideration this; would you take your grandchild away from your child if you had any other choice?

And none of this due to Jw’ism. He was not brought up a JW.

He is bipolar and he didn’t know how to handle it.
    Now HE WANTS to handle it. He wants to have a ‘normal life’. HE wants his mind to stop racing. HE wants the correct drugs to be on. HE has decided to do what needs to be done.

He tells me he loves me everyday. He told me thank you for not giving up on him. He blushes when I tell him how proud I am of him.

Some people don’t want help. It is THEIR decision.
    Your decision is – what will you do to really help; even if it hurts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit